Man Attempts to Open Fire on Crowd Dropped with One Shot!

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Countries with extreme disparity of income see the highest rates of gun violence, and vice versa.

"Income inequality is more severe in the U.S. than it is in nearly all of West Africa, North Africa, Europe, and Asia. We're on par with some of the world's most troubled countries, and not far from the perpetual conflict zones of Latin American and Sub-Saharan Africa."

Hmmmm. We don't have any tyrants here murdering their "subjects', we are not turning to piracy, we have not had had a Civil War in a quite a while.

I'd say for all our evil barbaric animalistic bloodlust, we are doing BETTER than the areas you are trying to use as examples, which DO have those problems.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
uummmm.......thought about it............no.

Stay in Canada then and don't come down here. That way you won't have to get sad. I promise not to come up there, since that would problay make you sad too. Problem solved.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have to agree here. The LEO's that shoot at my place are not the best shots. I have to give them credit because the have improved. They are coming out this weekend to shoot so at least they are working on it. People just don't get you really have to shoot the pistol to get good and then continue to practice. You stop for any length of time you lose the sight picture real fast.

To add to what we've both said so far, the fact is that being an expert marksman is not even close to being the most important quality one seeks in a police officer. Most of the shooting takes place at extremely close range-- with bad breath range being most common and 15 meters being a long shot-- and pretty much anybody who has a little practice can pull off the average shot a cop might have to take with relative ease. I would also add that quick draw is very, very important-- and that if you can draw fast enough, all kinds of bad things are precluded, even when your subject is armed. You just have to have the guts to go into the fray to begin with, and the sort of nerve that keeps you from falling apart or freaking out when the shit hits the fan.

If you really want to know what I figure makes for a good patrol officer, it would be these qualities:

1. The courage to carry on and do one's duty even though one is actually scared shitless.

2. A combination of compassion, stoicism, common sense, and stubbornness. It helps, too, to have a hide as thick as that of a rhino. Extremely emotional people are not usually the best street cops, though I've seen some whose skills as detectives are nearly unbelievable. The best investigators I ever saw were all extremely empathetic individuals.

3. A very glib persona. One has to be sort of a combination of stand-up comedian, lawyer, mother hen, and drill sergeant. You have to be a good talker, if you want to be extremely effective on the street.

4. A passionate desire to see justice done, and the wisdom to know there is an enormous difference between justice and revenge.

It is that last quality that is most difficult to locate among the human species. Meanwhile, excellent marksmen might not have any of the qualities I described above, and are far more common than the personality type I sketched.

--R

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't there and this was ten or so years ago but as I remember it, the two guys came in with their weapons drawn (which I've been told is a bit unusual). There were not a lot of people in the bank at the time and they ordered everyone to the ground. My friend was under a desk working on getting a computer system installed/repaired when they came in so they didn't see him. He told me he was just going to stay put until one of the two pointed his weapon at a guy that was on the ground, kicked him, and started yelling that he was going to blow him away for whatever reason...my friend said he really thought the robber was going to shoot the guy. They apparently had their backs to him at that point, one kicking the guy on the ground and the other dealing with the teller, so he decided to take action. Guess he drew, rose and issued an order to freeze (or something like that), the guy with the teller froze, the guy kicking the customer spun on him with his weapon so my friend fired a shot, hitting him in the upper torso near the shoulder. That guy went down and the other dropped his weapon. At that point two of the guys on the ground jumped up and help secure the two and their weapons. He said it happened so fast it was almost a blur. The guy he shot didn't die and the cops got there a few minutes later. Not much more to it from what I was told. My friend was cleared and told that the pair were pretty violent guys with long criminal records....

Thank you for elaborating. It fits the criteria of being scared for one's life (or the life of an innocent). He stopped it, remaining functional. Good job.

These incidents rarely make National news because they don't fit with the agenda, but scrutiny of local police "blotter" columns in local papers used to have these stories, never to be again seen for a wider audience.

These type scenarios are more common than reported, because of the press skewing things towards a bias wherein anybody with a gun is a bad guy: along with other blatant distortions in reporting such as common use of critical buzzwords like "automatic" weapons (very rare in reality beyond the Hollywood Bank Shootout where the cops were outgunned for intermidable minutes on end).

You can correct news reporters as much as you like, but a person convinced against their will is of the same mind still. I have personal experience with the news media which I shall not go into here, but believe me, you can give them all the details they're feigning concern for and still not believe the final copy when it goes to press. Astoundingly bad even, and 180 degrees out of square with the facts sometimes. Yet "inaccuracy" is Constitutionally protected under Free Speech, which is why Tabloids get away with bald faced lies and fiction a lot of the time, and many news sources are getting more like tabloids all the time.

Walter Conkrite and Journalists are gone. Been replaced by entertainers sitting behind a desk that looks convincingly like "news." It's all entertainment and market share now. No accountability.

Northwinds

Reaction score
**** that website. They're titling that article to make it sound similar to the Aurora shooting.

Also, is there any evidence that this guy was attempting mass murder? Unless I'm reading something incorrectly, he shot one person. Even in his message to his girlfriend he said he was going to shoot "somebody". The media is having a party with all of these shootings.

Of course, it's good that this potential tragedy was avoided.

That's how I read it to, sort of

He was seriously pissed but I doubt he planned to chase the restaurant crowd into the movie theater. He was just going to shoot up the Chinese place when the person he wanted to shoot was not there

I bet he was all amped up on MSG

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
That's how I read it to, sort of

He was seriously pissed but I doubt he planned to chase the restaurant crowd into the movie theater. He was just going to shoot up the Chinese place when the person he wanted to shoot was not there

Well, that makes everything all right. :)

Northwinds

Reaction score
Well, that makes everything all right. :)

Certainly not Thump, you know me better then that :laugh2:

I was just pointing out that he most likely would have had a mini massacre with his order of General Tso's Chicken but the movie theater angle was unanticipated. He should have grabbed a wok and trashed the place after his gun jammed instead of chasing them into a movie theater

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Countries with extreme disparity of income see the highest rates of gun violence, and vice versa.

"Income inequality is more severe in the U.S. than it is in nearly all of West Africa, North Africa, Europe, and Asia. We're on par with some of the world's most troubled countries, and not far from the perpetual conflict zones of Latin American and Sub-Saharan Africa."

New York State Leads in Income Inequality - NYTimes.com

Latest Threads