President and founder of H.U.G.E.
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

NoStatic

Banned
Reaction score
Not wanting to breach Rules- "Do not debate the forum Administrator or SuperModerators about rules, guidelines and changes."

This isnt a debate, it is simply a request for clarification in the context of the OP's thread. Which of the statements below is correct in regard to content on MLP?

What is wrong with politics or religion as long as people remain respectful & if you do go into one of those thread your yaking it on at your own risk. Just keep it within that thread any bad feelings.It you can't grow up !!!

Posted by Flickoflash:- The discussion of politics, race or religion, except in relation to how they are portrayed in music/songs is not allowed on this forum. There are plenty of other resources and forums online for discussion of these topics.

Posted by Admin:

3. We do not allow posts that have religious content. You cannot get into areas involving religion or faith, etc. . You may not make posts that challenge the utility or validity of the thread or issues being discussed. You may not start threads that mock these threads.

4. We do not allow posts that discuss politics of any type anywhere on MLP. If you’re not sure whether your post might be interpreted by us as “political”, don’t post it!

LtDave32

President and founder of H.U.G.E.
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
by this time i think everyone here understands that the no politics/religion rule is only loosely upheld, and what usually determines whether a thread stays or not is the civility of the discussion, or lack thereof.

I really have no problem understanding the gist of the above. I fail to see why others can't get this. Pretty simple, really.

Well put, Nicole..

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me that some of you may feel this forum "sucks"... Other forums (LPF included) make you pay to view the Backstage, pay to post in the members classifieds, and pay to post soundclips of original jams.

The rules here may not be as strict to everyone's liking, or too strict for some. It is what it is, like it or leave it.

This place could be A LOT worse, be careful what you wish for.

ext1jdh

Reaction score
speaking as a lowly user, I'd say that *all* the rules are applicable. I think the equation is something like this...

Lock=Troll(ass+knowitall)/relevantposts

Ban=causeslock(annoying+askingforit)(mod+badday)

PINKBITS

Reaction score
I really enjoy this place.

Sure, I've had my disagreements with a few, but such is life.

I've sure met some great people because of MLP. :cool:

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to breach Rules- "Do not debate the forum Administrator or SuperModerators about rules, guidelines and changes."

This isnt a debate, it is simply a request for clarification in the context of the OP's thread. Which of the statements below is correct in regard to content on MLP?

Posted by Flickoflash:- The discussion of politics, race or religion, except in relation to how they are portrayed in music/songs is not allowed on this forum. There are plenty of other resources and forums online for discussion of these topics.

Posted by Admin:

3. We do not allow posts that have religious content. You cannot get into areas involving religion or faith, etc. . You may not make posts that challenge the utility or validity of the thread or issues being discussed. You may not start threads that mock these threads.

4. We do not allow posts that discuss politics of any type anywhere on MLP. If you’re not sure whether your post might be interpreted by us as “political”, don’t post it!

You're still here?

huffdaddy

Reaction score
Jason, what's up with you all of a sudden? You were one of the most laid back dudes on the forum and would always enter in the political discussions with a level head...

I wondered this too.

Jason, sent you a p.m.

Ride on a Pony

Reaction score
All I want to know is who the c*nt was that deleted my sheep shagging thread the other day, and why. :laugh2:

I demand answers!

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is a private party & you are guest if you become a nuisance we will show you the door.We only clean up messes so much till we are anoyed. If you think we are too harsh your welcome to try another forum & see just how tough we are.

HEY! I thought we felt the same on this topic. I'm just saying that I like the way things are and have been - and how some of these discussions have historically been allowed to civilly exist. My only suggestions for "change" would be a more private section of the forum where things can in reality "stay the same."

I've been around here a few years now, and have come to enjoy the past and current atmosphere. I'd hate to see this place get sanitized of interesting discussion - as it is 1/2 of the fun of being here.

And, I get my news from LedZepFan. :laugh2: According to a strict interpretation of the rules, most of his current events threads would be in violation.

BigB

Reaction score
Sometimes it's easy to forget. Someone insults you and all you're seeing is red for that moment in time. We don't always know what's going on in a person life. We may have had a bad day, a death in the family, lost a job, going through some serious financial times. Ring a bell anyone? Take it easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads