Make mine a Vintage Mahogany with Extra Cream

C Squared

Reaction score
Just got done wiring up my Vintage Mahogany with a new pair of DiMarzios. went with a Norton in the Bridge and a Fred in the Neck.

vmbodydblcream.jpg

dblcreamvm.jpg

I'm just a sucker for dbl cream pups. The norton is an awesome bridge pickup. First time I'm trying the Fred in the neck position. I've tried it in the bridge and it wasn't my thing. It works great in the neck and balances well with the Norton.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Looks great! Much better than black, IMO. Did you install the ABR-1 too?

C Squared

Reaction score
Looks great! Much better than black, IMO. Did you install the ABR-1 too?

Thanks and yes I did install an ABR-1. I ordered one from guitar fetish when I ordered some of their GFS pups. I just dropped it on the stock Nashville studs and it worked just fine. Doesn't have the entire look of an old ABR-1, but it does have the feel and tone, so it works for me:thumb:

v8ko

Reaction score
MMmmm nice. Thats an already nice sounding guitar, how much better is it now? BTW another LP on the bed shot lol...I wonder what the correlation is. :naughty:

C Squared

Reaction score
MMmmm nice. Thats an already nice sounding guitar, how much better is it now? BTW another LP on the bed shot lol...I wonder what the correlation is. :naughty:

Sounds freakin' SWEET!!! The Fred in the neck is actually very close to the BurstBucker Pro that was in there. It has a touch more mids and highs, and a little more output, so that if i were to roll back the tone to about 6-7 and the volume at about 7-8 it almost sounds the same, so I have that same tone to work with (which I really was into) and just a bit more. The Norton has been one of my favorites for a few years now. More power then the stock pup, great harmonics, great mids and bass without getting muddy or nasally. Plus I have it wired up for coil tapping for some more tonal options. It's really hard to put her down...

...unless of course it's to take some "bedshots" of her:thumb:

NXC1978

Reaction score
:applause:Hell yes! Looks great!!! Not to mention those guitars play sooo nice!

tennisplayer

Reaction score
Damn! That looks great! I'm going to do the same. Got one Saturday.

erniewan

Reaction score
Very nice. I saw a VM on ebay recently that had the creme treatment and it looked good. the one I saw also had creme speed knobs. I'll see if I can find it.

Here are some creme tophats in creme that are on ebay now. (attached).

Attachments

• 50_1.jpg
    50_1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 28

erniewan

Reaction score
Here was that VM that recently sold on ebay with the creme treatment. (knobs too).

Attachments

• 08-GibsonLPSpec.jpg
    08-GibsonLPSpec.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 53

C Squared

Reaction score
Thanks all.
Yup, she sounds and plays great, and in my book now she looks the part as well.

Gunner

CEO Teen Axe Leader
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You got it looking sharp and obviously playing real sweet. Congrats.

kspeed

Reaction score
Definitely dig that worn brown 'n cream combo, nice :thumb:

NXC1978

Reaction score
Yep, like the cream plastic with the gold knobs best.

C Squared

Reaction score
I'm real happy with the way she's looking and sounding now. The only other thing I want to try is a lightweight tailpiece and maybe some locking tuners. I say try since I'm not sure if I can get this sounding any better then it is right now. And i tend to be rough on the strings, so just for the ease and speed of changing strings am I considering the locking tuners. The TonePros Kluson look good and direct fit I guess, just not ready to spend $100 on those right now... hoping for a nice Christmas Present

Latest Threads