Magnetic Components (Classic Tone transformers) closing down

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just heard that Magnetic Components is closing its doors. They cite Covid-19, but also said they'd had a downturn in tube amp transformer sales over the preceding few years. They also said they had supplier problems.:confused:

So they're closing the doors and no longer taking orders. You can get them from re-sellers until stocks run out.
:(:(

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Pretty sure Carr Amps used C.T. transformers in the Mercury V. So glad I got one before this sad event.

jimmyjames

Reaction score
Still seeing their banner on The Marshall Forum, maybe still there 'til the paid duration expires?

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Still seeing their banner on The Marshall Forum, maybe still there 'til the paid duration expires?
You're probably right. I bought some transformers from them a few years ago so I'm on their mailing list, which is how I found out. It's sad news.

neoclassical

Reaction score
Damn, they made good iron at great prices when I ordered a 3 or 4 years ago.

medic24

Reaction score
What a shame, very sad to see them go. They've been around a long time, still make transformers the way they were "back in the day", and all at a very fair price. I've built at least six amps using their stuff and iI will sure miss their product. I just ordered up 4 more transformners from one of their retailers, an 18 watt set and transformers for a Supro 1624. Since they were the OEM supplier to Supro in the 50's and 60's I just could not pass up the chance, again. Last year I used their Supro trannies to clone a Supro 1600. Other than the iron and the chassis, everything in it was pre-1960 and of course all NOS tubes. That little growler is one of my favorites now! Farewell Magnetic Components Classic Tone. Just another piece of history gone too soon...

Latest Threads