Mad Professor - Simble Overdrive

kboman

Reaction score
Not for me, but MP build good stuff. Looks like an original design too and not one by Juhl.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
May I say that it already reminded me of a few others in the transparent / smooth camp? Even though it does look like an original design. Just... sonically speaking.

kboman

Reaction score
One might say they sound similar.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
May I say that it already reminded me of a few others in the transparent / smooth camp? Even though it does look like an original design. Just... sonically speaking.

Such as?

Because the Simble sounds a lot like my Sweet Honey, but with alittle more gain, and a little more control over it's tone. Would go well withmy SH, but open to other ideas. But that demo sounded damned good. But, like I said, I'm open to alternatives.

arc anjil

Reaction score
Anyone try one out at a local music store?

Don't know about y'all, but the few music stores in this one-horse town (Ocala, FL) don't have much in the way of pedals you'd really like to try (or haven't already).

I'm still waiting to try a Wampler Plexi-Drive without having to drive 2 hours one way. I'd like to try some MP pedals, too (Sweet Honey and Sky Blue among others...).

Anyone ever try an MP amp?

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Such as?

Because the Simble sounds a lot like my Sweet Honey, but with alittle more gain, and a little more control over it's tone. Would go well withmy SH, but open to other ideas. But that demo sounded damned good. But, like I said, I'm open to alternatives.

It sounded a little bit like a Timmy, a little bit like my OCD, it reminded me a little of the Wampler Euphoria...

Nigel Tufnel's tech

Reaction score
I think it sounds bloody awesome! It holds it's own against a Dumble for gods sake. :shock:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkK4AYMylLs]Mad Professor Simble pedal vs. Dumble shootout 2 by Marko Karhu - YouTube[/ame]

Latest Threads