M2M Limits?

goldtop0

Reaction score
My story was about a year and a half ago... After that, maybe two weeks later, just before the beginning of the Covid thing, on Reverb, I found a nice Wildwood Featherweight R6 with a neck I can live with...;)

Good to hear. A R6 with that smaller neck is a rarity.......mine's .940" at the 1st.
I go for really fat necks and MZ plus the CS are giving me what I want with my 335........... unbound also which is great.

Unionjack515

Reaction score
No updates yet folks…this is a long one! Ordered 9/11/20…going on almost a year and a half now…

surge98

Reaction score
What was the wait time for a MTM build pre-covid?

goldtop0

Reaction score
I was told 6-12 months when I placed the order.
Pre covid things were manageable with a 5-6 month wait from what I saw over the previous years leading up to it.
My one I ordered mid July '20 and hopefully I'll get it in February.............this year..........we'll see.

lawrev

Reaction score
I was told 1 year when I was at the Gibson Garage in December. One sales person told me that if you build and buy one at the Garage you get to leapfrog some of the line, but then I was told by another that it wasn't the case. That length of time is why I am holding off.

Unionjack515

Reaction score
I placed an inquiry for a Collings I-35 Deluxe with my contact at CME earlier this week and he also let me know he should be receiving my LP any day now…

goldtop0

Reaction score
Had to wrangle with CS a bit recently and now they're finally in the process of finishing my 335, fingers crossed in the next 2 months. It'll be 2 years in July since I placed the order and looking forward to completion I can tell you.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to wrangle with CS a bit recently and now they're finally in the process of finishing my 335, fingers crossed in the next 2 months. It'll be 2 years in July since I placed the order and looking forward to completion I can tell you.
holy crap i think i remember a thread about you placing that order, thats just not acceptable in any way as a timescale.

goldtop0

Reaction score
holy crap i think i remember a thread about you placing that order, thats just not acceptable in any way as a timescale.

As you say, and it's been a mission in the last week to get CS to perform.
Admittedly they've had a time of it in the last 2 years as we all have but were dragging the chain as I pointed out in my email to JC Curleigh Gibson's CEO last week, following that things happened thick and fast in a good way.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you say, and it's been a mission in the last week to get CS to perform.
Admittedly they've had a time of it in the last 2 years as we all have but were dragging the chain as I pointed out in my email to JC Curleigh Gibson's CEO last week, following that things happened thick and fast in a good way.
ahh, a professional complainer, getting the ceo's 'non filtered by minions' email address tends to work.

goldtop0

Reaction score
ahh, a professional complainer, getting the ceo's 'non filtered by minions' email address tends to work.

Well it's a matter of making your point isn't it, I was courteous but factual about the last 22 months and being fed erroneous info by CS in the last year. Just not cricket old boy!!

DBDM

Reaction score
I was told 18 months at the Gibson Garage fairly recently (maybe 4 weeks ago). Also as far as the configuration I was told that I could mix and match historic LP specs from R7-R0 but that was about it. They said nearly any paint job could be done, but as far as things like necks and tuners and the like it was pretty much limited to historic specs. I was asking about things like the HP heel carve and belly carves and stuff like that and was told "no". That is just what they told me, others may have heard different things. It was pretty much, "pick your neck" (4 choices), pick the wood (bunch of choices), pick your hardware (2 drawers full of choices--I did not pay that much attention), pick your paint job, pay, wait. Honestly, for me (not saying for you but for me) I dedided in the middle of it that it would be easier to just buy a CS R9 (which is what i really pretty much wanted and they had several right there already built). Typed all of that to say that you can't just go in there and get ANYTHING. There are limits to what they will do.

Uncle Vinnie

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told 18 months at the Gibson Garage fairly recently (maybe 4 weeks ago). Also as far as the configuration I was told that I could mix and match historic LP specs from R7-R0 but that was about it. They said nearly any paint job could be done, but as far as things like necks and tuners and the like it was pretty much limited to historic specs. I was asking about things like the HP heel carve and belly carves and stuff like that and was told "no". That is just what they told me, others may have heard different things. It was pretty much, "pick your neck" (4 choices), pick the wood (bunch of choices), pick your hardware (2 drawers full of choices--I did not pay that much attention), pick your paint job, pay, wait. Honestly, for me (not saying for you but for me) I dedided in the middle of it that it would be easier to just buy a CS R9 (which is what i really pretty much wanted and they had several right there already built). Typed all of that to say that you can't just go in there and get ANYTHING. There are limits to what they will do.

M2M ... talk about a misnomer.

Kind of like Henry Ford and the Model T. Old Henry said you could order it any color you wanted as long as it was black.

Latest Threads