M2M Les Paul Deluxe - or, "are mini humbuckers available in the Custom shop?"

RT60

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they'll do a Les Paul Deluxe (ie, mini-humbuckers) in the M2M programme?

I was checking out a design guide from a couple years ago that I happened to find on Google and mini hums were not on the menu, and I've never seen a photo of one.

Will bother my dealer if I have to but don't want to waste their time too much as I'm not ready to order and won't be for a while, but it's a medium-term dream. :)

ARandall

Reaction score
Why not buy an original deluxe???
You get the real minis, the iconic construction that made the 70's, a nice old guitar that (if you choose right) has been worn in but not out, and not only that you'll maintain a resale value that you'll never get close to with a custom guitar with minis.

RT60

Reaction score
That is the other option - and it would probably be cheaper - but I’ve not seen the right one yet. So just wondering as to what my options are. :)

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a reissue of the blue and red sparkle a year or two ago of the 1975 model Deluxe with the mini-humbuckers.... so I imagine the Custom Shop can offer a mini-bucker.

ARandall

Reaction score
and it would probably be cheaper
Not probably........You're most likely going to spend a third to quarter on a Deluxe by comparison to a M2M.

Where have you been looking, and what construction type are you after??

Some of the guys in the Norlin section could probably point you in the direction of a source of better condition guitars from back then.....or even have a guitar that they would part with if the right deal went ahead.

fleahead

Reaction score
I think a tradtionally-built '59 style with minis would rock

RT60

Reaction score
Not probably........You're most likely going to spend a third to quarter on a Deluxe by comparison to a M2M.

Where have you been looking, and what construction type are you after??

Some of the guys in the Norlin section could probably point you in the direction of a source of better condition guitars from back then.....or even have a guitar that they would part with if the right deal went ahead.
So the problem is that I have quite a tunnel vision on what I want - has to be a burst, has to be not a boat anchor (under 10lbs for sure) and I want a Bigsby although I’m aware I can add this myself after the fact... and of course the hitch that I’m not quite ready to buy. ;)

Keeping tabs on the usual outlets (I’m in the UK) - Reverb, ebay, notable dealers.

ARandall

Reaction score
The bigsby will add weight of course.
Some of the early 70s were light by the periods standards. But both my 75 Custom and 80 deluxe are 10 on the nose.....no room for adding in anything extra in there and mine are more on the lighter end of the norm.
Burst should be no issue, but available guitars will be. I got both of mine exported from the US as there is even less available downunder, and I'm lefty to boot.

Latest Threads