M2M '58 335 'Runaround Sue' finally arrived

goldtop0

Reaction score
After nearly 2 years she made the trip across the Pacific to my place.
'58 spec with the fattest C shape neck since the '50s and a paint job to die for, I couldn't be more chuffed.
The unpotted Custombuckers are great and she sings like a bird, a nice dark brown board, came straight out of the box with no need to tweak the intonation at all, just perfect.
This one was a bucketlist endeavour and Customshop hit it out of the park, a big thanks to them!!
Here's Runaround Sue

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Two years, damn that is a long time to wait. Congrats!

goldtop0

Reaction score
Yep, covid lockdowns initially and Gibson being inundated with orders(plus the fat neck spec with mine) all led to the delay. CS are really under the cosh as a result, everything is way way behind on completion/delivery times these days.

Last edited:

Torshalla

Reaction score
Man does she look gorgeous! Beautiful paint job, very sexy guitar!
Hope she plays and sounds as well as she looks…
Happy NGD :)

moreles

Reaction score
No thanks on the fat neck, but that burst is one of the best looks I've ever seen on a 335. The coloration is beautiful, and the distribution of the three tones is masterfully done and fits right in with the 3D contouring and shape of the guitar. That's really nice -- a standout because it's tasteful and perfect, not because it's odd or weird.

goldtop0

Reaction score
No thanks on the fat neck, but that burst is one of the best looks I've ever seen on a 335. The coloration is beautiful, and the distribution of the three tones is masterfully done and fits right in with the 3D contouring and shape of the guitar. That's really nice -- a standout because it's tasteful and perfect, not because it's odd or weird.

Funnily enough you'd warm to the neck over time, fills the left hand nicely without feeling overblown.
Something that Gibson don't produce this day and age, the '50s feel.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per ur title, I want to see dion melting faces….
y’all may not like it, but ur kids are gonna love it

dude could freaking throw down…love dion

Latest Threads