Mötley Crüe to Disband

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
I remember that one Fezz!

And Kez, I think I saw that Nikki was doing the same thing. But now that you say it's Tommy it might have just been him, but I'm pretty sure it was Nikki I heard about.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mick Mars played some of the greatest sleazy guitar riffs of all time.

His contribution to rock is much appreciated. :dude:

Ledheadforlife

Reaction score
I dont know anyone around my age who didnt love the crue back in the day, they were the kings. If you dont like em you're probably under 35 or over 50.

battra

Reaction score
Haven't they broken up before?

Or was it just the revolving door of members?

Oh well.

30 years in rock...that's a helluva run. They're not my favorite band, but damn did I love them as a young lad.

Electroman67

Reaction score
Haven't they broken up before?

Or was it just the revolving door of members?

Oh well.

30 years in rock...that's a helluva run. They're not my favorite band, but damn did I love them as a young lad.

I think they tried a new singer....
Edit, 4:30 in on this vid....not sure who he is, but kinda sure why he didn't work out. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNMgN_7CLwo[/ame]

FLICKOFLASH

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5YsyttcEns]Mötley Crüe - "Saints of Los Angeles" Eleven Seven Music - YouTube[/ame]

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
they are old freinds from my Hollywood Strip days
my brother is still close freinds with Nikki
dont know about the rest of the guys but Nikki is
a good guy

One thing is for sure; Nikki sure had had MORE than his fair share of premium tail!

But I fully get his statement. Mick Mars (the riff meister and true backbone of the band) is getting old and his physical ailments are catching up to him. Mick (IMHO) was the main reason why this band succeeded in the first place. Mick instantly legitimized this band, and Mick Mars probably only has this last tour in him, at best.

Never mind that DLR and VN keep trying to out-do each other as to who can sound worse in a live setting, or who can sing less actual lyrics during a concert. Motley's music is about sleaze, fun, and Rock N' Roll. And that is why they've had a career that has lasted decades.

None of us last forever. God bless the Crue. They make us want to feel good, and feel good doing it. (Even if the girl is significantly younger than us.) :naughty:

Electroman67

Reaction score
One thing is for sure; Nikki sure had had MORE than his fair share of premium tail!

But I fully get his statement. Mick Mars (the riff meister and true backbone of the band) is getting old and his physical ailments are catching up to him. Mick (IMHO) was the main reason why this band succeeded in the first place. Mick instantly legitimized this band, and Mick Mars probably only has this last tour in him, at best.

Never mind that DLR and VN keep trying to out-do each other as to who can sound worse in a live setting, or who can sing less actual lyrics during a concert. Motley's music is about sleaze, fun, and Rock N' Roll. And that is why they've had a career that has lasted decades.

None of us last forever. God bless the Crue. They make us want to feel good, and feel good doing it. (Even if the girl is significantly younger than us.) :naughty:

I'm sure there was a fair amount of pitch correct on Crue's Circus tour video vocally.....but IMHO, i didn't give a shit, the live concert sounded great....i just enjoyed the live versions of all their great shit....but @ your words w/ Mick Mars....i'm with ya 100%

I'm glad that mofo had the chance to do what he did while he still can..:dude:

allbusinessjoe

Reaction score
Mick Mars played some of the greatest sleazy guitar riffs of all time.

I'm a HUGE fan of Sleaze-Rock.

Faster Pussycat,..........L.A. Guns,............Motley Crue.

It's all good. Too bad they are not making any more bands like this anymore.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Heard this today on Sirius radio....................
"Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee is refusing to take part in meet-and-greet sessions on the band’s current tour because he says he doesn’t agree with fans paying $899 for the band’s Kickstart My Heart ticket package."

MOTLEY CRUE’S TOMMY LEE DOESN’T AGREE WITH FANS PAYING FOR BAND MEET-AND-GREETS | Eddie Trunk

$100 to meet your favorite band, not bad. It puts gas in their vehicles, and you get to talk to them for an hour or how ever long.

$899? I better be getting hookers and a free guitar for that price. :shock:

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Any one remember Razzle from Hanoi Rocks. Can you say, HOMICIDE.

05jrock

Reaction score
Heard this today on Sirius radio....................
"Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee is refusing to take part in meet-and-greet sessions on the band’s current tour because he says he doesn’t agree with fans paying $899 for the band’s Kickstart My Heart ticket package."

MOTLEY CRUE’S TOMMY LEE DOESN’T AGREE WITH FANS PAYING FOR BAND MEET-AND-GREETS | Eddie Trunk

Kiss and Motley Crue are touring Australia at the moment. Was just reading yesterday about Tommy Lee saying about the price fans are being asked to pay for meet and greet, He said he would rather bump into fans on the street than make them pay.
Atleast he is honest about it.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of Sleaze-Rock.

Faster Pussycat,..........L.A. Guns,............Motley Crue.

It's all good. Too bad they are not making any more bands like this anymore.

it's funny though, I always hated it. I think it's all glam, and I grew up playing thrash. Definitely opposing camps.

But the Crue?...idk,..there was just something different about them. I never saw them as Glam so much as just a great, sleazy, rock band.

I still can't hear Wild Side or Girls, Girls, Girls without wanting to slap a stripper on the ass.

....I doubt I'm alone in that.

Never been a Crue fan but I can't deny I enjoy the Theater of Pain, Girls, and Feelgood cd's.

And Mick is just awesome,....he just is. Very underrated.

He always has the right,...(god I hate this word) "Tone" for the song he's playing.

There's a lesson there. :cool: (not one I've practiced,...but a lesson none the less.)

Mick Mars and Jerry Cantrell always have the perfect guitar sound for whatever song they're playing.

...I don't know how the f**k they do that. :shock:

Latest Threads