Mötley Crüe to Disband

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Mötley Crüe has plans to call it quits after another album and putting out the movie of their autobiography This Is Gonna Hurt.

Here's an interview with Nikki Sixx that they posted on Facebook, he stresses that its going to be a real farewell tour, and that's it.

tour,music-news
MOTLEY CRÜE TO SPLIT AFTER ONE MORE ALBUM & TOUR
7 March, 2013
A backstage interview with Nikki Sixx, before their second Etihad show with KISS last night, saw the bassist spill his guts to Bryget Chrisfield about Mötley Crüe’s plans to go out on a high.

“I wanna finish our movie [adaptation of Mötley Crüe’s New York Times bestselling collaborative autobiography The Dirt: Confessions Of The World’s Most Notorious Rock Band] and put out a new album,” he revealed before adding they will also release a soundtrack to the movie and then embark on “a farewell tour”. “We’ll be back in Australia and, ah, that’ll be it,” he said. “I can honourably say, ‘We did it our way and we’re never coming back’.”

Sixx accentuated that this split would see the band done for good, he has no interest in resurrecting its corpse down the track.

“It’s important that when you do a farewell tour that people understand that when you put a bullet in the back of the horse’s head, and it goes down, it’s not a plastic bullet it’s a ****ing shotgun blast. You know, blow its ****ing brains out, it’s never coming back. It has to [be that way],” he stressed. “It’s the only way I can look at myself in the mirror and do a farewell tour. That’s it. So when we take our final bow, it’s IT. I will cry. I cry thinking about it.”

Mötley Crüe have been raising musical hell for more than three decades and Sixx admits, “I love this band. I ****ing spent my life doing this band. I’ve been doing this band longer than I’ve been doing anything else. And I’ve been in this band longer than I’ve known any woman, longer than I’ve known my children – only my family, and I have a closer relationship with my band than I have with my family, and a rockier relationship with my band than I’ve had with anybody in my family as well.

"So it’s very emotional and I just think it’s important that we finish what we started and then, you know, it will be whatever it will be. It could be beautiful. It could be a beautiful ending! When you go and see a great movie – I’ll leave you with this: when you go and see a great ****ing movie and it ends and you go, ‘****!’ like, you walk out and you go, ‘That was amazing! That blew my mind!’ It’s not like, ‘That blew my mind and, um, maybe there’ll be a sequel to it’.”

After various line-up changes and years of turmoil, the original Mötley Crüe line-up re-formed, announcing the Carnival Of Sins reunion tour in December 2004. Since then there’s been a new album, their ninth, entitled Saints Of Los Angeles (2008) and relentless touring including appearances at their own Crüe Fest music festivals, a three-week residency at Hard Rock venue The Joint in Las Vegas and their ongoing Monster co-headline tour with KISS.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch the tour, I've had two chances to see them in the last few years but I didn't end up going.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
i thought i read somewhere they all travel separately because they can't stand one another.

at any rate- shocked. Completely shocked.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I have dibs on Vince,,,,
I like Mick too.

Motley FEZZ! Twin axes. Twin Customs! Vince's girly yelps!

Great R+R attitude. I thought they were gals when my MACHO Friend handed me the LP. Love the DUMB DUMB Crue. Pure American ROCK.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LrO1AfCDo]Mötley Crüe - Too Young To Fall In Love - YouTube[/ame]

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They've been at it for 30 years. A lifetime. I can fully understand them wanting to bow out after such a long time. Props for hanging in there so long.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
? Why do you say that CoC?

They're older by this point, but it's not like they're the Rolling Stones, they've got all the original members, and they're still putting out new material. They're still rocking, and as they put it before, they're still kicking ass.

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
i thought i read somewhere they all travel separately because they can't stand one another.

at any rate- shocked. Completely shocked.

I had heard that at one point, and I'm sure it was true at some point, but I heard Nikki talking on the radio and he said it was just easier at that point, especially when they had their families with them.

Electroman67

Reaction score
They put on a high energy show, have seen them twice, 110% both times.

Better to go out before people make 'Why i hate _______' < bands name> threads and then 150 non working musicians debate over why you started your career, when you should have retired, and how they would all put the music first before money. :laugh2: :wave:

COC, the day's not over yet, it very well could be a good day.

abl_aircraft.jpg

laserplane_low.jpg

Electroman67

Reaction score
? Why do you say that CoC?

They're older by this point, but it's not like they're the Rolling Stones, they've got all the original members, and they're still putting out new material. They're still rocking, and as they put it before, they're still kicking ass.

Trolling /ignore

Mr Insane

Reaction score
$5 say that County fair promoter wants them to perform and they accept.

GammyBird

Reaction score
They had a pretty good run all things said and done. The comeback wasn't a huge success, they should call it quits.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
They were CHEESE,CHEESE was needed then. Not every band is HARDCORE. Great SEX band. Listen to Angry Samaons.....pop in RedHot.....some Motorhead.....High Energy RAWK!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OrEInDTFEs]Angry Samoans - Ballad of Jerry Curlan - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQ507gc04s]Mötley Crüe - Red Hot (LIVE).mp4 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUtUA0JgsHs]Motörhead - I'll be your sister (Live) - YouTube[/ame]

Cpt_Gonzo

Reaction score
Saw them live and they absolutely ROCKED. Mick Mars is a very underrated guitarist imho.

Sad to hear this tbh.

Electroman67

Reaction score
Their first 2 albums kicked ass !!! :dude: & Capt...... Mick fit that bill very well, agreed.

Latest Threads