Luthier Tools, Materials, Parts and Supplies for Sale (or wanted)

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
two of these @40mm and four in @20mm (all 3mm thick and similar color) asking $25 40mm shipped and $20 20mm shipped to the lower 48 states.

daniel-albums-guitar-parts-picture49960-dsc-8494.jpg

MAKE ME AN OFFER... :shock: Need the money

MRJ

Reaction score
Okay, I've got the pricing for the holly. For the two that originally asked I'll send PM's anyone else who's interested please PM or email me. I'm going to offer these along with the wood kits, and some other individual boards. I'll post the details tomorrow on my wood kit thread.

RBP

Reaction score
I'm looking for old growth Brazilian rosewood fretboard blanks harvested pre cites. At least 2, that are quarter sawn with excellent tap tone and look like fretboards that would have been used in the late 50s. I'm in Canada, but would accept the risk of having them shipped from America. If anyone has any for sale send me a PM. Thanks!

free2rock

Reaction score
Just a feeler... If anyone out here is interested in Macassar Ebony, I can get some for you guys. I have no idea about pricing yet. I live in the Philippines so I have access to a bunch of these.

Barnaby

Reaction score
Just a feeler... If anyone out here is interested in Macassar Ebony, I can get some for you guys. I have no idea about pricing yet. I live in the Philippines so I have access to a bunch of these.

Pieces big/thick enough for bookmatched carved tops or neck blanks? :cool:

I love Macassar. It's one of my favourite woods.

free2rock

Reaction score
Pieces big/thick enough for bookmatched carved tops or neck blanks? :cool:

I love Macassar. It's one of my favourite woods.

Yes on both. If lucky, You can get a one piece top. From black to stripey to pink and curly.

Are there any preferences in grain orientation so I know what to look for?

Barnaby

Reaction score
Yes on both. If lucky, You can get a one piece top. From black to stripey to pink and curly.

Are there any preferences in grain orientation so I know what to look for?

Blimey! This is actually very tempting.

I'm not sure about details...I would probably be after bookmatched, however, if I were to try for such a thing on a top, rather than a one piece. As for the neck blank, something suitable for a strat/tele at about 1" thick might be good - and quartersawn would be ideal, although tricky to find, I imagine.

Things would, of course, depend on price and postage costs. At least the latter would probably not be too terrible to Japan for a change! :thumb:

free2rock

Reaction score
Things would, of course, depend on price and postage costs. At least the latter would probably not be too terrible to Japan for a change! :thumb:

All righty then. I'll see if I can get a nice plank next time I'm there. I'm gonna need to do my homework first before I post prices and stuff :fingersx:

nicudeemus1

Reaction score
Does anyone have any spare nut slot files? Even not so great quality ones that you have replaced? I'm only really going to be doing one maybe two nuts for now so I cant really justify buying a brand new set.

ihavenofish

Reaction score
i was cleaning up and found many old "not done right" bodies.

one maple short scale SG, with a neck back. one honduran mahogany short scale "LP". several poplar, mahogany, swamp ash "offset" bodies. one mahogany double cut carved top as well, with some badly done contouring. and lastly, theres an assemble figured sipo body and neck. coated with wipe on poly, but needs alot more work to finish up, along with frets. all of these have some sort of mistake or damage, but im sure many of you could fix them up real nice.

ill lay them out and take photos later. i dont really want money for these, i preferably want something interesting in trade. the sipo guitar is the only one really "worth" anything significant.

Barnaby

Reaction score
Darn...this thread should be a sticky. It's hard to find, but really important. :wave:

Ryan Ron

Reaction score
Looking for some hand tools for wood working need: Spoke shave, Draw knife, Hand drill, Coping saw, wood clamps, screwdrivers and Wood chisels. Please respond if you have any of these tools that you would like to part with. Only looking for tools that are in good working order. Thank you.

evolved_insanity

Reaction score
Quarter Sawn Macassar Ebony isn't too difficult to find for neck blanks and/or fretboards. Getting quarter sawn wide enough for tops would be difficult though. If anyone needs hard to find lumber, PM me and I'll see what I can get you. I do this stuff every day and have instant access to over 100 species.

If anyone in Southern Ontario has any pickups or any matching hardware (i.e. tailpiece and bridge or wraparound bridges or tuners) and would like to trade for some lumber, let me know what you have and what you need.

ihavenofish

Reaction score
Quarter Sawn Macassar Ebony isn't too difficult to find for neck blanks and/or fretboards. Getting quarter sawn wide enough for tops would be difficult though. If anyone needs hard to find lumber, PM me and I'll see what I can get you. I do this stuff every day and have instant access to over 100 species.

If anyone in Southern Ontario has any pickups or any matching hardware (i.e. tailpiece and bridge or wraparound bridges or tuners) and would like to trade for some lumber, let me know what you have and what you need.

ill trade you some korean (artec?) humbuckers to have the 2 mahogany boards i bought 2 weeks ago delivered :p ive just had no time to get them yet :(

Latest Threads