Luthier Tools, Materials, Parts and Supplies for Sale (or wanted)

Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah wow... All the binding material is gone.

You know I listed this stuff several times in the past and it just doesn't fly in the other sections.

All kinds of hard to find stuff I'm sure we all have sitting around that people are looking for.

We REALLY Need a dedicated for sale section here.

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know what I'd like to get a hold of if anybody has some, or has a source for...Cream pickguard material. The good stuff-accurate color/thickness for vintage Pauls.

laurence997

Reaction score
All kinds of hard to find stuff I'm sure we all have sitting around that people are looking for.

We REALLY Need a dedicated for sale section here.

I totally agree. I'm sure there are loads of people here with stuff they don't really want or need. While I couldn't really buy any of the stuff here as I live in Ireland, I still think its a great idea.
I see a very similar model in Ireland on the boards.ie site, for airsoft gear, and that place is packed out with people trading, buying and selling. In a country as small as Ireland, if that can work, well this can no doubt out-do it. Once the facility for selling stuff is there you'll see a lot of people, who would previously have held off on buying something incase they didn't really want it, buy the thing and either use it or trade it for something else.
The one thing I will say is that the only way I would really see this working long term is to have it as a sub section, where every item has its own thread. That would allow it really grow without getting tied up in knots, with people asking questions about a whole host of different items. Having separate threads allows sold items to gracefully roll off the end, and unsold items to remain at the top. But of course, for now a sticky would be great :thumb:
And everybody already knew all that, but no harm in putting my thoughts in writing and give my +1

kfowler8

Reaction score
Absolutely! Proud to say that I bought the Spanish cedar - does that make me the first happy customer? :cool:

Still looking for vintage 1959 500K Centralab pots and Switchcraft switch, working or not. :fingersx:

I have one of the pieces from BrianI. Real nice!

Taller76

Reaction score
Looking for quartersawn African Mahogany neck blank(s)....would like one big enough to get at least two out of.

SG Lou

Reaction score
"Vintage Spec" 1" long Stop Tail Piece anchor bushings.
Anyone got a spare pair?
I can't seem to find them out on the net :hmm:

PM or email me @ [email protected]

TKOjams

Reaction score
I have a pair of white naturally aged Gibson humbucker rings for an SG in good condition FT.

I'm looking for a pair of SAE threaded 5/16 24 tailpiece anchors.
Shoot me a PM if you can help.
Thanks,
Ken

SG pickup rings No longer for sale

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
Anyone seriously interested in a tested only Marlin Terrco Duplicarver AND Bartlett corian carve master, PM me. I also have some joined flitchmatch and curly bookmatched top stock. By the way, it is set up true and flat on that table( reinforced with 1'\/4" 6061 T6 aluminum 90* lengthwise at each long edge). Ideally a USA Midwest sale would perhaps include a negotiated delivery

Please, benevolent dictator-a STICKY?

Attachments

• DSC_0010_12.jpg
    DSC_0010_12.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 86

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
I will also invite messages regarding my extra ShopSmith overarm pin router. I think it is much more practical then the "modern" ones. The modern ones require electricity and pneumatic connection) The design is patented which is why you do not see knockoffs. I am posting a picture of mine as set up with top and bottom routers, guard and dust collection hose(it hardly helps). The one on offer does NOT include all of the Jessem accessories or light, routers plates.- It is frame-no legs, post, actual arm/ratchet assembly and a near useless Shopsmith brand table-a waste of big shipping money. The unit is still in a box as I received it. I am not in a position to photo it, specifically unless there is a serious offer. I have not looked on ebay to see if these are even available or price range. $275 plus shipping. 48 USA only. Stay tuned for a Bishop Cochran miniature PLUNGE router base for Foredom( there are some decent Foredom clones on ebay) - DSC_0002_14.jpg DSC_0003_13.jpg

Ole'Lefty

Reaction score
In the event of serious discussions please go to jetobeyatmsn.com-it will be easier on anything I offer because of easier adding pictures for me if needed. Thanks, Mike

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live in a very rural area with zero hardwood suppliers within 90 miles one way, and the one that's 90 miles away only has Seple (no Genuine Mahogany), and the wrong species of maple so...

I have been wishing for years that someone on this forum would offer a top quality wood-only kit specifically for a Les Paul build that would include:

S.A. Mahogany Body Blank (under 3lbd/bdft)
S.A. Mahogany Neck Blank (1pc)
Eastern Red Maple Top 2 pc (slip matched, flitch matched, or bookmatched priced accordingly)
Rosewood Fingerboard Blank; Madagascar or Indian (Brazilian really isn't practical)
Holly Headstock veneer.

I just hate buying wood online from a photo. You never know if the Mahogany is gonna be 2 lbs/bdft or 6 lbs/bdft. I would hate to end up with a LP that weighs 14 lbs...

I'd gladly pay $300-$400 for a kit like that....Just throwing it out there.

MRJ

Reaction score
I live in a very rural area with zero hardwood suppliers within 90 miles one way, and the one that's 90 miles away only has Seple (no Genuine Mahogany), and the wrong species of maple so...

I have been wishing for years that someone on this forum would offer a top quality wood-only kit specifically for a Les Paul build that would include:

S.A. Mahogany Body Blank (under 3lbd/bdft)
S.A. Mahogany Neck Blank (1pc)
Eastern Red Maple Top 2 pc (slip matched, flitch matched, or bookmatched priced accordingly)
Rosewood Fingerboard Blank; Madagascar or Indian (Brazilian really isn't practical)
Holly Headstock veneer.

I just hate buying wood online from a photo. You never know if the Mahogany is gonna be 2 lbs/bdft or 6 lbs/bdft. I would hate to end up with a LP that weighs 14 lbs...

I'd gladly pay $300-$400 for a kit like that....Just throwing it out there.

I could do something like that for a better price I believe. I'll get some pricing. If anyone else is interested let me know.

dickjonesify

Reaction score
I need colors for nitro lacquer!
Buying all the different colors I need for TV yellow is pricey. Does anyone buy colors in bulk that wants to sell off small amounts?

MRJ

Reaction score
I could do something like that for a better price I believe. I'll get some pricing. If anyone else is interested let me know.

Okay, the guitar wood kit is something I can definitely do. I can do it at a really good price also. I've still got to finish figuring up the pricing. But I know that I can offer many different styles and options. LP standard, Junior, Tele, Strat, J Master, P Bass, etc. I'll start a separate thread with all of the details.

nuance97

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, the guitar wood kit is something I can definitely do. I can do it at a really good price also. I've still got to finish figuring up the pricing. But I know that I can offer many different styles and options. LP standard, Junior, Tele, Strat, J Master, P Bass, etc. I'll start a separate thread with all of the details.
You sir are tha man!!!:applause:

Latest Threads