Lung Cancer & Death

Cpt Matt Sparrow

Reaction score
Buzz, if you haven't already, counselling could be a good decision for you. I know lots of men in particular, find it hard to accept the idea of talking to a professional, but my dad, a real pragmatic man's man, found it incredibly helpful with my mum's illness.

Every fear that is troubling you, they have encountered and they have methods to help you accept where you are and to draw on your own inner reserves of focus and positivity.

Matt

Matt_21

Reaction score
Wow man,
Very sorry to hear this.
If there's anything I can do for you let me know. I'm only a short drive south of Ottawa.
I'm serious too. Let me know.

Shortscale

Reaction score
Hey Buzz. Put up a GoFundMe campaign . I want to donate to you and your family. Buying amps, pedals and other crap just took a back seat...

Great idea Frank. I will definitely contribute.

So sorry to hear this news Buzz. You've made this forum a better place.

Stay strong but let it all out when you need to.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good thoughts and prayers your way.

I would strongly suggest getting referred to a research/teaching hospital for a second opinion tomorrow.

Go where the real experts are. Choose to live each day.

BigAl

Reaction score
As devastating as this news is, perhaps we here at MLP can use it as a reminder to do something which could make a difference, regardless of how big or small. I, for one, will be donating blood this week, and this news has reminded me how overdue I am to do so. Cancer patients are some of the biggest receivers of donated blood and plasma, and they desperately need our help. If everyone who posted in this thread were to donate blood, we maybe could indirectly save many other lives.

I'm glad to see that Buzz is taking this on the way he is. Stay strong bud, and turn that Roadster of yours up to 10 on modern mode with the silicon diode rectifier setting. :dude::thumb:

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Buzz, I'm sorry to hear about your health trouble. I don't have any idea what you're feeling, so I don't know what to say to help you feel better...not that my words would be of any use. I will pray for you and your family and I'll hope that you find peace and joy in whatever time you have left.

BuzzHaze

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Thanks lads. Today's a good day as I am still here and breathing :) My daughter and Grandson are making me dinner tonight, I just need to muster the strength to make it up their stairs haha. My weak -ass legs have been giving me grief but I think I'll find a way to get up there.

I thank you all for your words of hope and wisdom. I didn't know or expect such friendship here at MLP. I feel pretty special regardless of the future. You guys ROCK!!!!

Todays a good day.

DHBucker

Reaction score
Enjoy your dinner and family time Buzz! Many smiles and hugs I hope. Never doubt for a minute that you have friends here.. I think you know that. :) :dude:

Thrill

Reaction score
Glad to hear your having a good day and have family around for support.

If you dont mind me asking, what were the symptoms you were having that led you to go to the doctor?

I ask because last week suddenly I became really "ill". Not really sick, but feeling really strange, heart always pounding from just standing up, real light headed, chests been a little tight, and some stomach pains. I went to the Urgent care place and they couldnt find anything wrong, so Ive got a cardiology appointment tomorrow morning. Ive been really worried and nervous about what it might be, and have always been paranoid about cancer anyways, and after reading this thread it really hit me that it can happen to anyone.

Again, dont feel like you need to answer or anything, I wish you all the best.

huw

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Shocking and sad news.

Thoughts are with you and yours.

Sky

Reaction score
Every day we have is beautiful; to spend it with the ones we love is a blessing.
Don't take anything in life for granted.

Best wishes Buzz

G Man

Reaction score
Wow, just reading this now. Why does it always have to be the good ones? Live, Love Laugh, its really all that matters now, oh yeah, and ROCK ON!

matthew bear

Reaction score
Aw man... I am so sorry to hear this. Buzz, I wish you all the best. A full life, however long it may be... hopefully much longer than expected! take care!

parts

Reaction score
Buzz

My son was a smoker..he is 24. When you had a thread about vaping..we read it. He tried that and it worked..now he has been both tobacco and vape free for a few months.

I told him this thread..he is out of state for two months working...he was very sad as

"He's the guy that got me to try E Cigs and stop "

I will think of you every time I look at my healthy son..a workout warrior who is now tobacco free.

I thought you should know..you live everyday in my heart..you may have helped save my son from all this..

forever my friend

Eric Smith

Reaction score
I have to admit that I've been avoiding this thread for the fear that it wouldn't be about someone that Buzz knows but about him. Sadly my fear was reality. Much good advice and support here that really doesn't need to be restated. You will be in my prayers. Keep your chin up and rely upon whatever faith you have. Very sorry to read this news.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Buzz this is...well, i just don't know what to say. I feel for you and your family. Spend as much time as you can with them and go happy. You clearly have touched many lives here at MLP and don't undervalue that. I love reading your posts so keep posting man!!

Guitarhack

Reaction score
I wish to God that there were some magical words that I could impart upon you to ease your worries and pain.

I lost my father 14 years ago, my oldest sister a year and a half ago and my closest sister last week, all to cancer.

One thing all this has taught me is that no one knows for sure just how much time anyone has all we can do is live the best life we can and spend as much time with those we love - one day at a time.

I'm praying for you and your family. Stay strong.

Latest Threads