LtDave's "Desert Star" Guitars

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can I call you to discuss an extended warranty for your vehicle?
Yes, but only after I call him to discuss the 400-years long Han Dynasty of ancient China...

It's only gonna take three or four calls of about five hours each to get him from the time of the first Han emperor, Gaozu, to the time of Xian and the fall of the Han...

Might be some extra time needed if I have to provide background references from the Qin Dynasty that led to the rise of the Han... but at least I won't have to talk too much about the Chinese Dark Ages that followed the disintegration of the Han Dynasty...

So I guess I'm saying that he's all yours... in about four weeks.

--R :p

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't know how he does it. He must get 20-30 people a day calling him. That would drive me nuts.

As soon as I got set up and into some wood, the damn phone would ring.

Phone calls from business and friends are always welcome, but I'd never get anything done. I don't know how he does it.
Yep.
I've been the only one in the office for the majority of the last year. Boss and communications guy are working from home, or only in the field.
The most frustrating thing is between the cell phone, office phone, and text messages... being the only one to deal with the incoming.
And it'll be dead for hours... but let me pickup the phone to make a call, or answer one call, or open up a Zoom meeting, and blammo... the phone lights up like a Christmas tree.
So calls go unanswered. If it's important, they'll email or call back. If someone is complaining about signal timing, we probably already know about it, or they need to stop their effing car BEFORE they cross through the crosswalk. If it's the cops, they'll text.

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It’s disappointing this thread was started by Frogfur.
I suppose the continued discourse without him is our ultimate victory.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
hopefully there's some fresh spruce up thataway.
Still lookin'. Man, that stuff for being so plentiful is difficult to source.

I'll settle for 3/4" planks 7" wide. Plane them down myself.

Everything is flat-sawn, which is that wide grain. Just like you see at Home Depot. I need quarter sawn.

It is often found in old pianos as a sound board that the bronze harp is attached to.

Olds442

Reaction score
damn the clips of those fralin noiseless tele pups are pretty freakin' eargasmic.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And just a note on Dave’s prices; he doesn’t work cheap, but his prices are reasonable. His work is just as good, if not better, than the “big names” out there, but what you’re not paying for is the “name” so to speak.

He has built 2 guitars for me, at a fraction of the cost that any custom shop would charge, much less a big name luthier.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
And just a note on Dave’s prices; he doesn’t work cheap, but his prices are reasonable. His work is just as good, if not better, than the “big names” out there, but what you’re not paying for is the “name” so to speak.

He has built 2 guitars for me, at a fraction of the cost that any custom shop would charge, much less a big name luthier.
Damn, Vic.. Thank you very much!

Latest Threads