LtDave and Robert

Frogfur

Reaction score
Alright, I'm back home, and back in.

..Run for your very lives.
Bout time..every one of'em has been running amuck, including myself! We all brought a bunch of loose women in while you were gone and recked the joint, but Harmony straightened it up good enough before you got in.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
Best advise is, if you drop the soap in the shower..don't bend over to pick it up.

For those that dont know about a sea shower, that's where you get in, get wet, turn the fuvking water off! Lather up, rinse off and get your ass out! Water was in short supply onboard Navel vessels. You don't stand around in there have' n a good Old time..
Yep..No HOLLYWOOD SHOWERS..you got a date or somethin?? LOL..

(we could get away with longer ones sometimes..)

Rich

Non sequitur
Reaction score
Bout time..every one of'em has been running amuck, including myself! We all brought a bunch of loose women in while you were gone and recked the joint, but Harmony straightened it up good enough before you got in.
These words he speaks are true; I took a picture.

Amok[1].jpg

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Yep..No HOLLYWOOD SHOWERS..you got a date or somethin?? LOL..

(we could get away with longer ones sometimes..)
What?! No de-salinators on those nuclear monsters? That would be easy to do with that kind of power available...Just sayin'

Kris Ford

Reaction score
What?! No de-salinators on those nuclear monsters? That would be easy to do with that kind of power available...Just sayin'
WE did..but older ships didn't. My Gramp's had some salt water showers..(WWII era APA)
Still had water restrictions at times, and was back to old school sea shower..the shower head had a on/off button.
Get in get wet get clean get out.

Also, we had rain lockers..about a 2x2ft stainless steel box, 6 or 8 or so per berthing area..and lots of people waiting..you could usually and rightfully take a Hollywood shower if you got off a late watch.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Ha! Years ago when i first started there it was much worse!

One of the salesman next to me would grab his phone and dial it then start talking like there was a customer on the other end.

One day after the boss had left he handed the phone to me to have a listen..

He had dialed the weather info and time number!! All i heard was 'at the tone the time will be......'

I lolled out loud !!! Good times.....

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devo is probably getting briefed by Skeeter on all the uprisings, rebellions, and stray critters handled in Skeeterville while he was gone....

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well, after a good rest, I reviewed the entirety of this thread.

What a hoot! For the very most part, I laughed hard. Especially the "Rocky-Apollo surf frolic". :laugh2: And the "Touch Me in the Morning" and "Call Me Angel" vids. A scream!

There was other stuff that was a real wet-blanket. Namely the unwarranted "opinion" that I was "dumb". That pissed me off and I'm not going to forget it.

To that I say; some people run to help others in potential danger. Some others would run over their own mother to reach safety. That about sums it up.

People like that pray that people like us (and others in this thread, I'm sure) will pull them and their blubbering ass to safety. What a poorly thought-out, jerk-off comment that was.

I knew full well the potential problems. I booked a flight early, and had every chance to cancel. But I decided that if it were truly bad news down there, then Rob could use all the help he could get. The man lives alone. If it flooded and we had to swim down the street instead of drive, then what better way to swim in potential trouble than the buddy system?

If the roof tore off, he's got a hand. If the house was in danger of collapse, then he's got another to help extract valuables, or each other if it came down to it.

I was a first responder in the Fire Dept for years. I can't think of any other way to be.

Rob was a great host. We had a great time together. The firing ranges were down, but we drove to Daytona and did a little work at an indoor range. When we could drive, Rob gave me the grand tour of some of the very interesting points in the quaint town of DeLand, FL. And we visited some "off the tour" areas rarely seen by outsiders.

Thank you Rob, for a great week and your great friendship.

I'm sure he'll comment when his internet is up.

And an additional three cheers for Harmony, who knew exactly what to do when it was discovered that there's no internet, therefore no check-in nor ticket printing (and I don't have a smart-phone), who got me though the red tape and worry of the flight home. It was like calling a Help Center, but with no stupid touch-tone menu and an operator one could actually understand. She just "handled it". Like a boss. Seriously. You know that person you finally get to talk to after the customer service folk have worn you out and you travel up the chain to the supervisor about a half-hour into it? -Yeah, that.

Plus, that gal has a way of putting one at ease instantly. What a peach she is. Thanks, Harmony! :).

Last edited:

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score

What a hoot! For the very most part, I laughed hard. Especially the "Rocky-Apollo surf frolic". :laugh2: And the "Touch Me in the Morning" and "Call Me Angel" vids. A scream!

There was other stuff that was a real wet-blanket. Namely the unwarranted "opinion" that I was "dumb". That pissed me off and I'm not going to forget it.

To that I say; some people run to help others in potential danger. Some others would run over their own mother to reach safety. That about sums it up.

People like that pray that people like us (and others in this thread, I'm sure) will pull them and their blubbering ass to safety. What a poorly thought-out, jerk-off comment that was.

I knew full well the potential problems. I booked a flight early, and had every chance to cancel. But I decided that if it were truly bad news down there, then Rob could use all the help he could get. The man lives alone. If it flooded and we had to swim down the street instead of drive, then what better way to swim in potential trouble than the buddy system?

If the roof tore off, he's got a hand. If the house was in danger of collapse, then he's got another to help extract valuables, or each other if it came down to it.

I was a first responder in the Fire Dept for years. I can't think of any other way to be.

Rob was a great host. We had a great time together. The firing ranges were down, but we drove to Daytona and did a little work at an indoor range. When we could drive, Rob gave me the grand tour of some of the very interesting points in the quaint town of DeLand, FL. And we visited some "off the tour" areas rarely seen by outsiders.

And an additional three cheers for Harmony, who knew exactly what to do when it was discovered that there's no internet, therefore no check-in nor ticket printing (and I don't have a smart-phone), who got me though the red tape and worry of the flight home. It was like calling a Help Center, but with no stupid touch-tone menu and an operator one could actually understand. She just "handled it". Like a boss. Seriously. You know that person you finally get to talk to after the customer service folk have worn you out and you travel up the chain to the supervisor about a half-hour into it? -Yeah, that.

Plus, that gal has a way of putting one at ease instantly. What a peach she is. Thanks, Harmony! :).

+10:thumb: For character, a good conscience and the fact everything turned out OK!
And to everyone that helped to give a much appreciated 'boss' a good and well deserved laugh to ease the fatigue!

More MLP money's worth all around! You guys are the best! :dude:

Go ahead! Give yourselves a reach-around!
ClickHandler.ashx

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome home safe....

I think for the most part we were all on our best behavior...

There was Maybe A coupLe Instigating, Knowing yOu were Not in theater....

Not that I would name any names....

:cool:

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I knew why you went ahead and went down there and I for one am glad that in case help was needed, that Rob had you around.
And Rob sure is a great host and a great friend to have. Glad you both had a great time which I had no doubt that you would.

And you're very welcome. Glad that I could help in some way :)

Good to hear you got home ok too :)

LtDave32

I'm walkin' on sunshine
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Any interesting passengers on the plane this time? :laugh2:

:rofl:

What she's referring to is, there was this guy in first class who was quite obviously (and quite hopelessly) gay. He had these "pleading" black eyes, that seemed to track my every movement. Every time I got up, when I boarded the plane and when I got off the plane, all the way to baggage claim, he was trying to get my attention, catch my glance. Or rather, for me to notice him in some way. His head was swiveling around like Linda Blair.

eeeeewww.

Okay, so who's gonna be the first sumbitch to comment "your heart was pledged to someone else, the poor guy"?

Latest Threads