Ls122 vs ls150

SloeGin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I own a Tokai LS150 from 2007 and absolutelly love this guitar. My guitar has the following specs:
Made in Japan
Flame AAA Maple Cap - 2 Piece
One Piece Deep Jointed Mahogany Fixed Neck
Mahogany one piece set neck - Deep joint.
Rosewood fingerboard
Gotoh Custom PAF
3 way toggle switch
2 Volume, 2 Tone Switch
Switchcraft Jack
CTS Pots
Sprague Orange Drop's
Western Electric Wires
Gotoh Vintage Style Bridge
Aluminium Tailpiece
100% Polish and Nitro Cellulose Finish

I am looking for another nice LS and found this LS 122 from 2012 with these specs:

• Body: Maple Two Pieces Top
  • Neck: Mahogany One Piece Set-Neck
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood
  • Bridge: LS-VB Bridge, LS-VT Tailpiece
  • Pickups: PAF-Vintage MK2S x 2
  • Controls: 2 Volumen, 2 Tone, 3-Way Switch
  • Jacks: Switchcraft
  • Made in Japan

Product Specs
Condition:
Brand New (New)
Brand:
Tokai
Model:
Vintage Love Rock LS122 HB Plain Top
Finish:
Honey Burst
Made In:
Japan

I was wondering how much quality difference there is of this one compared to my LS 150? Or would i better stick with the 150/ 160 series?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
None. The answer is none. Anything Tokai especially over 98 is a safe bet. If you can afford a higher one, sure. The quality in terms of build will be just as good. The differences would be in specs, not quality.

Mosster47

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly the 122 will he all poly like a Gibson USA as opposed to the higher end which has a nitro coating over the poly.

Like a lot of the unchambered Gibson USA guitars it will probably be pretty heavy as the premium wood goes to the high high end guitars.

PierM

Reaction score
If I'm remembering correctly the 122 will he all poly like a Gibson USA as opposed to the higher end which has a nitro coating over the poly.

Like a lot of the unchambered Gibson USA guitars it will probably be pretty heavy as the premium wood goes to the high high end guitars.

Gibson are ALL nitro. USA, CS or Memphis.

bluesriffdev

Reaction score

Pretty sure the 150 will have poly too if it's got an actual flame maple cap rather than a veneer at that price point. Great guitar regardless.

Latest Threads