ls it Real or is it Memorex? Burny RLG 105

Erob

Reaction score
I was surfing along and came across this ebay listing for a Burny RLG 105. Opened it up and found this. I realize there are "mint" MIJ Les Pauls out there but in every photo of a Burny RLG 105 I've looked at the Rhythm / Lead Toggle switch cover is white. I'm sure a black covered toggle switch could have been used, not trying to be Mr. Conspiracy. I'm still learning about MIJ Les Pauls.....ALOT of learning. Also, the seller lives in Singapore on a Military base. Just wondering if something this nice is legit?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014323&icep_item=183387354528

Last edited:

EOengineer

Reaction score
Interesting. So that also has the 3 hole TRC. No serial number on the back of the headstock either.

There were some Burnys made in the early 2000s by tokai that had the 3 hole TRC, I’ve owned one, but mine had a SN#.

I’m not an expert, but I’d probably stay away from that without getting a look at some of the routing to get a better idea of where that came from.

Erob

Reaction score
Yeah, Chinese Burnys, I guess anything is possible. As everyone here knows I'm a babe in the woods on MIJ Les Pauls but What this tells me is if they're willing to produce a copy they must be popular. I asked for photos of the underneath of the pups, I've read there could be a serial number there but I DEFINITELY am no expert so we'll see what comes of that.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Could have changed the covers. That's the first thing I'd do if I had a guitar with white cavity covers...bleh!

The later model Burny's have that TRC. The higher end models are MIJ while the lower ones are MIC.

Erob

Reaction score
Here are a couple of photos of the pup cavities. There is not a serial number under either one. The pups are stamped VH-1 Don't know if this helps but it certainly seems he's not trying to hide anything. Including in his reply he stated he had lived in Japan, I'm assuming attached with the military, and while there he bought several MIJ Les Pauls.
Screenshot_20180823-095057.jpg

EOengineer

Reaction score

Looks pretty cool!

Anyone have any ideas where these are being built? It doesn’t appear to have the tokai pickup route with the square holes, so I don’t think it came from their factory.

Last edited:

EOengineer

Reaction score
So is this turning out that's it legit?

I’m not an expert, but that guitar does appear to be the same as the one in the catolog. It def has the long tenon (deep joint). Probably legit.

wulfman

Let the good times roll....
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Had one of those. MIJ 100%. Sold it in Singapore too, but I think it was a different guitar that the one for sale.

valvestate

Reaction score
I was surfing along and came across this ebay listing for a Burny RLG 105. Opened it up and found this. I realize there are "mint" MIJ Les Pauls out there but in every photo of a Burny RLG 105 I've looked at the Rhythm / Lead Toggle switch cover is white. I'm sure a black covered toggle switch could have been used, not trying to be Mr. Conspiracy. I'm still learning about MIJ Les Pauls.....ALOT of learning. Also, the seller lives in Singapore on a Military base. Just wondering if something this nice is legit?

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338014323&icep_item=183387354528

Daaang... that's nice!! I also live in Singapore and I would buy that if I have a spare cash!!! :dude:

Latest Threads