LP Tribute white out

vker

Reaction score
Think I've got my 60's Tribute "white-out" experiment about wrapped up..
It took a bit of sanding and hand-drilling some plastic, and some time to track down the various parts..

If anyone has a white tribute that has all black plastic, I'd love to see it..

Diocletian

Reaction score
Looks good! Can't you get a white bridge and tailpiece? Or would that be a bit too much?

Ermghoti

Reaction score
Looks good! Can't you get a white bridge and tailpiece? Or would that be a bit too much?
Hm. Spray-can/toaster oven powder-coat, replace the saddles with fake ivory... do-able. Could probably do the machines as well.

ToneasaurusRex

Reaction score
I've been waiting for someone to do this. I think the original looks okay, but this is stunning!

I think powder-coated hardware would be a bit too much, this look is great.

If I could afford it, I would snag a black one and do a "blackout" version.

Peace

Rex

Neylus

Reaction score
I would say go for GOLD hardware, beautiful.

laxcdn

Reaction score
Kinda looks like the Buckethead sig. I like it.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score
Looks much better than the factory ship. And yea I think one with all black plastic would look good too.

TheImmaterial

Reaction score
That looks gorgeous. The only reason I didn't consider the alpine when I went trbiute shopping was the clash of the yellow plastics with the white. That looks so much better!

RobP

Reaction score
Well done! Looks really nice!:thumb:

vker

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind responses and encouragement..

I didn't consider powder coated hardware- interesting..but I am a big fan of Chrome.

I recall Rickenbacker's tuxedo edition 360 actually had a white painted fretboard. I always wondered how that played, but I think between the Gecko in my avatar and this one that I have enough retina burn going on...

One of my friends told me, yeah it's a beauty... and if Liberace played a six-string this would be his axe...
So now I'm working on the embroidered fur coat to go with it.

Cheers and good weekend to all!

bufbills

Reaction score
That looks sharp! Shit, i feel gas coming on.

srb531

Reaction score
i have a white trib & changed all the plastic to black plus added chrome grovers ,i'll get some pics up in a few days

juswastntyme

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind responses and encouragement..

I didn't consider powder coated hardware- interesting..but I am a big fan of Chrome.

I recall Rickenbacker's tuxedo edition 360 actually had a white painted fretboard. I always wondered how that played, but I think between the Gecko in my avatar and this one that I have enough retina burn going on...

One of my friends told me, yeah it's a beauty... and if Liberace played a six-string this would be his axe...
So now I'm working on the embroidered fur coat to go with it.

Cheers and good weekend to all!
I ordered a custom made Les Paul "style" guitar with a white painted maple fretboard and no inlays.. Just to see how it would look. When I'm done staring at the mailbox, I'll post it for you guys.

Latest Threads