LP Traditional vs. Reissue

LPV

Reaction score
A used R8 in decent shape is a FAR better guitar than a new Trad (generally, usually, most all of the time). Play them with an open mind and you'll see. Now if you want a chambered guitar... that's a whole other can of worms :)

Longgone

Reaction score
A used R8 in decent shape is a FAR better guitar than a new Trad (generally, usually, most all of the time). Play them with an open mind and you'll see. Now if you want a chambered guitar... that's a whole other can of worms :)

A chambered 59 Reissue is looking more like a candidate but......$$$

fjabjr

Reaction score
And also, if you like beefier necks dont forget the R7 Goldtops which may be the best value out there. Sometimes you get real lucky and find your R7 has been painted gold over a nice flamey bookmatched top like mine was.

I had a Trad Pro that I is a wonderful instrument. Beautiful top, sounded wonderful. Felt very nice, less "cold" than many new Gibsons tend to feel (my experience, yours may vary). Well I found an '06 R7 Gold top in Guitar Center last week. BAM!! Sold my Trad Pro yesterday!!! I'd keep the Trad Pro if I could but...I don't think I'll regret letting it go too much. The R7 is a sweet sweet guitar for all the reasons others have mentioned already.

You really have to play them to truly understand the differences.

korus

Reaction score
In regards to my "softer" frets comment.....

The frets on the Historics don't seem like they are made of the same stuff as used on the Gibson USA stuff IMO. The Historics frets seem like they aren't as hard and wear easier (where my "softer" comment comes in).

These JESCAR: New Dimensions in Fret Wire: Choices scroll down to FW47095 might be the one used on Gibson Historic & Custom shop guitars. Gibson would not confirm it, though. Someone from Jescar did, but I can not find forum/thread/post where I read it.

Latest Threads