LP Standard --- Silverburst?

Non-rabbit

Reaction score
I like silverburst but that one's not doing it for me.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
gibson should stop playing games and just give us what we want - like how fender is offering some customization options for a couple hundred bucks extra per model via the mod shop https://shop.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop.html

and give us white lps and sgs for under 4k while youre at it
Good idea. I'm quite familiar with fender's mod shop but never thought about applying the concept in Gibson USA...
If a standard retails for $2499 how much should a "gibson usa mod shop" go for, maybe $2999? I wonder if there are enough buyers willing to pay for it.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
Fender's Mod shop primarily sells solid colors (and for a $200 upcharge). For gibsons, solid color wouldn't work because we all want flames and transparent colors (mostly bursts?). I'm thinking it may be too expensive for enough customers be interested?

I like the spirit though. I'd be willing to pay a small upcharge if I can get a custom color

Imperial

Reaction score
Like many other non-Custom Silverbursts, this has silver only on the top and is otherwise all black. But nice nevertheless.

bwillard

Reaction score
The Silverburst Standard is black on the back and sides. It's not Silverburst on the back and sides like the custom. It also doesn't have binding on the back like the custom. Cool guitar, though.

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
Fender's Mod shop primarily sells solid colors (and for a $200 upcharge). For gibsons, solid color wouldn't work because we all want flames and transparent colors (mostly bursts?). I'm thinking it may be too expensive for enough customers be interested?

I like the spirit though. I'd be willing to pay a small upcharge if I can get a custom color
they offer gold, silverburst, transparent finishes, sparkle finishes, sunbursts and solids. They also offer neck profile, pickup and fingerboard options - if i could have those options on the current lineup of gibsons that'd be more than enough for me. Or just offer a standard plus with options. They could call it the LP Standard Custom or LP Custom Standard

Whats Cesar G's username? I know hes lurking here

gball

Reaction score

Latest Threads