LP standard ABR-1 bridge style

SteefD

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a LP Standard 60's and LP Standard 50's P-90 from the Original Collection.
The LP 50's is a recent addition.

As there is a buzzing noise on the LP 50's, I started to investigate what is causing this.
The noise seems to be coming from the bridge.

That's when I noticed that the bridges on my two LP's are different, although according to the spec on Gibson's website this should not be the case.

The LP 60's seems to have the wireless bridge version.
There are only 40 days between the manufacturing dates of both guitars.

Normal that there is a difference?

Also, haven't found a solution for the buzzing either.

Greetings

Last edited:

ACEit

Reaction score
I found that there are two main possible issues when you ear buzzing from the bridge zone...

The first and most likely is an unproper cut saddle slot.. try to file a little and round it... usually is on G string.

another issue it takes a long time to me to find out is the rigid ground wire in the cavity resonating at certain frequencies

SteefD

Reaction score
It's on the B-string in my case, but will try your suggestion to file the saddle slot a bit. Thanks for the tip.

Flyfish-mt

Reaction score
I know there are some hardcore ABR-1 fans out there but I replace every ABR-1 bridge, as I did with my ’19 Classic, with a Nashville. I honestly feel the Nashville bridge is superior to the ABR-1. Yes, the ABR had buzzes and rattles on my LP Classic.

SteefD

Reaction score
Just removed the bridge, and apparently it's not a Gibson ABR-1, but a Toneworks AVR-II.

This is a brand new LP, bought at an official Gibson dealer. Curious what the reason could be.

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just removed the bridge, and apparently it's not a Gibson ABR-1, but a Toneworks AVR-II.

This is a brand new LP, bought at an official Gibson dealer. Curious what the reason could be.
The reason for a different brand bridge?

It's a cost effective way to save money by having outside vendors produce parts for them.

TonePros is another vendor.....lowest bid gets the contract.

Ping used to make all the Gibson branded Kluson style tuners. I don't know if they still do.

SteefD

Reaction score
Could be, but then Gibson should change their spec sheet.

My LP 60s does have an ABR-1, as specified.

Flyfish-mt

Reaction score
Gibson sent me a replacement ABR-1 bridge under warranty for my ‘19 Classic and it was a Tone Pros.......Same issues as the factory stamped ABR-1 bridge the came on the guitar. Ended up putting on a Gibson/Ping Nashville bridge and it solved all the rattle/buzzing issues.

truckermde

Reaction score
another issue it takes a long time to me to find out is the rigid ground wire in the cavity resonating at certain frequencies
Excellent!!

That never occurred to me.

Thanks for that. :cheers2:

SteefD

Reaction score
The store where I bought this guitar contacted Gibson Europe this morning. Without any discussion, they will ship an ABR-1 free of charge.

The store said it's pretty rare that Gibson Europe so quickly and without discussion sends a replacement part.

Latest Threads