hopper412

Reaction score
Hi all! I am looking to buy this Les Paul Standard 96 and would appreciate some help identifying if some features are original if possible. Link to imgur album as some photos are too large: .

Is it possible to tell if these are the original 490R/498T pickups? I was given readings of 7.80K for neck and 14.32K for bridge it that helps.

Is it unusual that the pots are unbranded and the knobs are gold speed knobs? Do the stop tailpiece and bridge look right for the period?

The rest of the guitar seems in place to me, e.g. logo, serial number, case, bindings cover fret ends etc. and the guitar makes all the usual expected noises. Is there anything else I should look out for?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

bum

Reaction score
If you are buying it are you aware of the crack in the pickguard?

bum

Reaction score
Yes! And the knobs too it seems. Thank you for pointing this out!
No worries :)
The rest I personally cannot commit to answering, apart from to say to me the braided wires look original (at least proper Gibson anyway)
The Made in Germany bridge suggests Schaller and knobs, who knows with those, people change them all the time to preference, although all the 90s Standards I see have your speed knobs on em

Latest Threads