LP Special P90 (Older Models)

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
I'm not talking about the recent TV yellow models that everyone loves.

This one is from Unsung 2006. Looks the same as the new ones to me, but has the 60s slim taper neck (unbound). This one interests me as I have doubts about being able to play on that big fat neck.

Anyone have/had one like this?

Thanks!

EPI LP Special P90 SC.png

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Wow amazing that nobody has experience with these, since the new ones are such a HOT item.

lol must be the yellow.........

thecasterkid

Reaction score
These are great guitars. Set neck, Korean made. The one I played from that era actually had a decent sized neck. This doesn’t have the bound neck or the wraparound bridge, if you care about those features. I would pick the current one, but if you can get a great deal on this and you find out you do prefer the neck shape, go for it!

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. This one has Gibson P90s as well and "was" available for a little over $300, but its gone now.

LuthierVandross

Reaction score
I’ve had a few of these with on my bench or through my hands, I’ve liked them all. There’s one on reverb dang near exactly like it.

Lester

Reaction score
Don't ask why, as "why not?". The p90's are hard to come by. Like all Epi's and used guitars, it might need some setup. But it can be made to play well. The P90's on these get good reviews.

WannaLesPaul

Reaction score
These are great guitars. Set neck, Korean made. The one I played from that era actually had a decent sized neck. This doesn’t have the bound neck or the wraparound bridge, if you care about those features. I would pick the current one, but if you can get a great deal on this and you find out you do prefer the neck shape, go for it!
Agree that this model is pretty nice, but I've decided that what I really want is a single P90 with the wraptail bridge. I'm really getting sick and tired of waiting and watching for something like this to appear in the used market.

As of right now... I'm seriously thinking of ordering a NEW one. The more I investigate this one, the more it seems like the one I should get. Epi 2021 Inspired by Gibson LP Jr

ibg 2021epilpjr.jpg

Latest Threads