LP Custom Diamond head Cherry + Flame top = too over the top?

PierM

Reaction score
STATING THE OBVIOUS MODE ON/ To much for my poor eyes, but who cares of what other people think? If you like it, grab it and make some noise with it. STOM OFF/

:beer:

Guitpicky

Reaction score
STATING THE OBVIOUS MODE ON/ To much for my poor eyes, but who cares of what other people think? If you like it, grab it and make some noise with it. STOM OFF/

:beer:

Except he's asking what other people think. I think it's kind of like using the "wisdom of the crowd" concept to help in decision making. With a large enough polling pool it becomes the "perfect guess", a method of guessing right every single time with little to no knowledge of the subject. It's not nearly as effective with smaller opinion pools like we have here.

It all comes from Francis Galton and his Ox experiment which you can reproduce yourself with a jar of jelly beans and a few hundred people. Have each one guess how many jelly beans are in the jar and then tally the results. None of the guesses will be right, but when you add them all up and take an average it will be within a jelly bean or two. The more guesses you have the more accurate the average will be. With a polling pool of 7 billion it's absolutely infallible :)

Too much information maybe, but I'm a total geek about stuff like this because it explains a lot about what's going on behind the curtain with social media :)

1allspub

Reaction score
Looks great to my eyes! Snag it! Lefty flame top cherry customs gotta be rare!

Also, were it mine, I would ditch the black for cream in a heartbeat.

jw3571

Reaction score
It's not over the top at all. Looks sweet, have one myself.

DaveSG

Reaction score
It's a showy piece, for sure. Its nice to have a flamboyant guitar if you don't already have one. Even if some people think it's ugly, ugly guitars need love too! Take it from me, I've got plenty of them!

I'd rather have an asthetically questionable guitar that screams than a real looker that falls flat on it's face.

So.... +1 from me!

Real question is how does it sound?

Macronaut

Reaction score
I questioned this being over the top when I bought it, and perhaps it is but, I love it!!!

Get what you want. You know we will back you up no matter what.... ;)

IMG_0878.jpg

Frozen Rat

Reaction score
Take the pick guard off. Problem solved. I do find that big black pick guard clashes with that particular color scheme, mainly because of its size I think. If you lost the pick guard the black knobs would blend in nicely.

grumphh_the_banned_one

Reaction score
Just looking at the OP's pic again.

Plastics won't do anything about the fundamental issue, namely that this is a prime example of what derogatorily would be called a "clownburst".

In short, the large uniformly yellow centre together with the narrow saturated bright red rim will always create a striking visual impact - whether one likes this or not, is up to personal preference.

But you can't really get rid of that just by changing plastics, only lessen the impact slightly with lighter plastics to at least get rid of the dramatic contrast between yellow and black. As is, it is sort of a german flag guitar.

Also, LPC's need speed knobs. If it had black speed knobs it would probably look much better...

...however, as some might already have said, it is the sound and playability that ultimately matter, not the instruments aestetic.
In the end loads of guitars have garish finishes (all depending on tastes), and the only thing that really matters is whether you play well enough to please your audience.

Simply put, play so well that no one ever will notice what your guitar looks like...

diogoguitar

Reaction score
update: it's gone! Someone bought it faster than I could. Very surprising how fast it sold.

SGeoff

Reaction score
i think a strat would fix it:dunno:
happy new year bitchez

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I questioned this being over the top when I bought it, and perhaps it is but, I love it!!!

View attachment 417565

omg :wow:

that is stunning....
supreme/tree of life level stuff right there...

‘’wish they were in my price range

-Chris

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
That's very lovely , nice one. And even better when it's the right way round!!!!!

Slashperryburst

Reaction score
update: it's gone! Someone bought it faster than I could. Very surprising how fast it sold.

Just under two months isn't that soon. I recently moved (financial) mountains to get my dream guitar just days after it was listed because I was worried about missing out.

And since you're a lefty, good opportunities don't come up nearly as often. Sorry you missed out this time, best of luck with the next one.

Last edited:

SonicBoom

Reaction score
Very nice. I have one just like it only a righty. I got tired of the black trim and swapped in some cream colored plastic. Changes the looks completely. I might swap back though.

diogoguitar

Reaction score
Nice quilt and thanks for the support!
I was doing some crazy math on how I would be able to afford a second LP, but the math isn't adding up
I just left my original LP for a refret this weekend, so hopefully it will play like new again

View attachment 417565

Latest Threads