LP build pot placement dimensions

MrP

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have some cnc parts & templates & have started to work with them, however the templates do not have the pot placements & as they aren't in a perfect parallelogram alignment I'm struggling.

Can anyone tell me the distances & angles between the pots, as than I can measure them out on some graph paper line them up on the back of the maple cap & drill some pilot holes

Thanks in advance

ARandall

Reaction score
The very first thread in the sticky section of this forum are plans for a Les Paul.........

MrP

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply I'll check them out, but after I posted this I measured them from the centre line on my 90's standard.

I'll cross reference the results

pshupe

Premium Member
Reaction score
It is very difficult to measure the hole placement accurately because of the carve of the top and the angles of the holes. I have been laser scanning vintage guitars lately and obviously this is the best way to capture the dimensions, but it is not cheap.

Cheers Peter.

MrP

Reaction score
Yes I have found it quite the head scratcher, last night I meticulously measured the pot placement on my actual Gibson LP in relation to the centre line & each other, covered my build's cap in pencil marks but I think I'm there now.

I've taken a rubber door stopper which is pretty much the same size as the pot knobs, filled it with epoxy putty & using a drill press drilled a 3 mm hole perfectly vertical into it

The plan is to use the door stopper to rest on the carve so I can drill a pilot hole as close to 90 degrees to the top carve as I can..........................................................well that's the plan!

Latest Threads