Lower Action

ozone

Reaction score
Hello MLPr's.
I fell my action on my LP is alittle high but its the lowest I can have without it fretting out. I want to lower the action as much as possible without fretting out or fret buzzing, How can I do that. Is is a truss rod adjustment or do I need to have a Luthier take a look at it.
Thanks all.

Weldaar

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Your truss rod plays a very big part in your action. If your neck is too straight, you won't be able to get the action as low as you might like due to buzzing. There should be some relief in the neck just for that reason. I like my action a bit on the high side because I do a lot of pulls and vibrato. Low action may hinder that. Low action is excellent for speed and chords though.

GuitarFreak28

Reaction score
My Gibson/Anything equipped with Humbuckers is low action, neck straightened, then minor, MINOR relief (Talking like 2-5 millimeters of adjustment at the truss rod for relief). My Fender is a little higher as it is my Blues guitar and it needs to be a little higher for Pulls, Bends, etc, but I can manage with extra low action to do vibrato as good/better then my fender, really depends on my fingers, length I have been playing, the song, etc.

ozone

Reaction score
So basically it sounds like I need to find that sweet spot between low action and sweet sustain. My neck is pretty straight. Of course I have to eyeball it so I'm not sure how accurate that is.

Latest Threads