Loving Where I Am At Right Now

rjwilson37

Reaction score
After years of purchasing and playing a lot of Amps, Guitars and Effects, I am finally where I want to be. Thank goodness for new technological advances and innovations so I don't need a full pedal board. I can now get up to Nine Chained Effects of my choice, which is more than I need to get it done.

I purchased my Orange TH30 Head this year as well as the PPC212V Vertical Cab with Neo Creamback speakers. This is a nice rig that is very versatile, does not weigh a lot and has killer tone from nice cleans to over the top gain. I can crank this amp up all the way and the PPC212V handles it easily, not mushy at all, very tight and just sounds awesome. The Helix HX Effects gives me all the effects that I need and hooked up with the 4 cable method, I even have it changing channels on the amp for me, which is just great. I can put any of my effects in front of the Pre-Amp or behind it, a very nice versatile multi-effect unit.

This is such a nice rig for me... And with my two Les Pauls, I'm really sitting in a nice place where I don't think I could really ask for any more.

Sure, there will be some new Les Paul models, Orange Amps as well as cool effects, but I think I got it covered now and don't need to even look at any of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Gridlock

Reaction score
Congrats, it’s nice finally getting there, isn’t it.

I’m pretty much in the same place. Pretty happy with most of my gear. I’m downsizing and keeping two Marshall’s and a vintage BF Fender. Down to three guitars also, a Les Paul, a Telecaster, and a Stratocaster.

Bases covered.

D5BA390D-E848-4D23-B130-0A884A0D9C59.jpeg
913FDD15-07AB-4985-83E4-5D7C8AA5CCE8.jpeg
DB2B6C17-6B0C-4215-81DE-9C4F0F833BCB.jpeg

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats on that Gridlock, it feels good to downsize and not feel like your missing anything.

I had a modern players telecaster for a bit where it felt/sounded pretty good, but in the end it was very thin and tinny to me. I have had a couple of strats as well as super strats over the years and just ended up not playing them much, always going back to my Les Pauls, so I don't think I need one.

jb_abides

Reaction score
Congrats!

Can you elaborate or point me to specifics RE 4-cable channel switching, etc. setup for Line 6 Helix HX Effects with the Orange?

:cheers:

bufbills

Reaction score
After years of purchasing and playing a lot of Amps, Guitars and Effects, I am finally where I want to be. Thank goodness for new technological innovations so I don't need a full pedal board, but can get up to Nine Chained Effects, which is more than I need to get it done.

I purchased my Orange TH30 Head this year as well as the PPC212V Vertical Cab with Neo Creamback speakers. This is a nice rig that is very versatile, does not weigh a lot and has killer tone from nice cleans to over the top gain. I can crank this amp up all the way and the PPC212V handles it easily, not mushiness at all, very tight and just sounds awesome. The Helix HX Effects give me all the effects that I need and hooked up with the 4 cable method, I even have it changing channels on the amp for me, which is just great. I can put any of my effects in front of the Pre-Amp or behind it, a very nice versatile multi-effect unit.

This is such a nice rig for me... And with my two Les Pauls, I'm really sitting in a nice place where I don't think I could really ask for any more.

Sure, there will be some new Les Paul models, Orange Amps as well as cool effects, but I think I got it covered now and don't need to even look at any of it.

Good for you. A couple of years ago I went down to two les Paul's. I'm very happy. I do have a p90 guitar to go with them. For me that's a must.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I dunno.....I always think I have it all wrapped up. My weakness is used deals and new gadgets. In July, my last thought was grabbing another guitar, I need one like a hole in the head. But when I saw a used but like new Revstar goldtop for $350, I was compelled to pounce. And the gadget market often intrigues me. The Two Notes Torpedo Captor has been quite transformative for a wee box.

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats!

Can you elaborate or point me to specifics RE 4-cable channel switching, etc. setup for Line 6 Helix HX Effects with the Orange?

:cheers:
I went through this Series and it helped with using the HX Effects and connecting it to my Amp with the 4 Cable Method. One of the Episodes specifically showed how to use it for Channel Switching. There is like 5 Episodes.

jb_abides

Reaction score
I went through this Series and it helped with using the HX Effects and connecting it to my Amp with the 4 Cable Method. One of the Episodes specifically showed how to use it for Channel Switching. There is like 5 Episodes.

Thanks so much!

bufbills

Reaction score
I'm all for minimalism but gear is amazing right now, so many killer options. And I noticed that a lot the guitars and amps I sold in years past have skyrocketed in value.
I agree. Especially amps. I'm down to two. Two amazing amps I should say. BUT. I still check the classifieds here and at TGP every day.

goldtop0

Reaction score
I'm minimalist with my gear..........sell off the bits I'm not using or joined at the hip to.
But all my amps are stage and home user items..........gets a little loud at home sometimes though:naughty:
You can have too much stuff.........I'd say we're all guilty of that in different seasons.

moreles

Reaction score
Congratulations on your enjoyment of what you have, which looks great. I'll bet you'll make some changes at some point, but it really is (IMO) a healthy and gratifying situation to not always be looking for more/different gear. Instead: play notes through your great rig.

musicmaniac

Reaction score
Congrats, it's great to find the tone you're looking for. I've had it for years with my Marshall 4010. To me there's nothing like that JCM800 sound. Recently I played straight through with my LP and left the pedal board at home. I got more compliments on my tone than I ever have!

grumphh

Reaction score
I have a problem.
I am actually perfectly happy with my two (newburgh) GP & GM Steinbergers and my rather recently acquired Randall RM100. No fiddling about with controls because "something doesn't sound right" and the guitars just seem like tailor made for my hands...

For my home noodling the above (and one MIM strat or Kramer with proper SC's in the neck and middle) would be all i ever needed...

But i just can't bring myself to sell off the other 8 guitars or 3 amps - which i really don't need, and hardly ever use.

Because i have spent something like three decades buying and selling (and buying again), and all those other guitars (with the exception of one) are actually very nice guitars that i know i would miss. Same goes for the amps...

What to do, what to do?

Latest Threads