Lost that pedal gas feeling...

sonar

Reaction score
I've always had to curb my gas toward pedals. They have always been the fun side of guitar for me.

"I'm done" was never a goal or even issue, as there was always something else cool to play, but lately (especially after this year's NAMM) I haven't really been excited about any pedal.

(The strange thing is right now might be the best time in history to get into effect pedals.)

So... any recommendations for cool stuff...

(I'm mostly set on delay, compressor, big muff and chorus pedals, although open to anything cool or different in these categories. I usually have around 50 pedal's of all types and flavors in my collection, with the occasional purge/sell-off to help mix things up.)

...or are you also kind of "meh" about pedals right now?

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
...or are you also kind of "meh" about pedals right now?

Ya,I am. Im still wanting a Strymon Flint and El Capistan. However,that ole pedal fever has kind of abated. Been turning more towards different amps here lately.

lemmy loud

Reaction score
My Son is going thru Pedal Acquisition Syndrome. Its an insidious disease.
Looking from the outside, its just a need to buy new stuff, and the artwork on
the pedal means more than anything else at a certain point in the addiction, lols . . .
I always thought this was the best idea ever, but it doesnt seem to be catching on.
All the pedal junkies I know, have 20 or so pedals, use 3.
www.pedalgenie.com

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
If you sift through the PAS and 'show your pedalboards' threads, you will likely find a few posts where I've declared I'm done. And yet, I just got a new flanger less than a month ago. Something keeps me interested.

Right now, it's the mini-pedals that have my curiosity. I've gone 3 for 3 with Joyo Ironman pedals. Not only are they tiny, they also sound fantastic. Both the flanger and auto-wah are the best I've tried since giving up on the giant EHX models I used to own.

If you like ambient delay, check out the BuGG Daydream. I got mine a couple of months ago and I think it's fantastic. Really different from anything I've heard and sounds great with other pedals. Very, very tweakable for a plethora of unique FX. I recorded a short clip of some cowboy-chord strumming with the BuGG. It also has acoustic simulation and chorus.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/northernguitarguy/morning-sunshine-turns-to-rain[/SC]

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
I was done when I got a Line 6 M13.
I have one, and it really is an amazing device. I got mine for 200 bux on CL in mint condition.

garybaldy

Reaction score
Call me 'Mr Old School' but after over 45 years of gigging I'm done with O/Ds, chorus, flangers, delays, wahs etc. Ive never gone down the boutique route. My current go to O/Ds were either less than £20 or even free. They never cease to amaze me. Also,I still use my Boss ME-8 but I'm hoping to get my fairly recently acquired Boss GT-5 up and running.
If I was after anything now it probably would be the ehx organ pedals (just for fun) and maybe a leslie sim. But I do have the Korg G4 which I rarely use. It may show its' face if we bring Comfortably Numb into our set.

Rich

Non sequitur
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same situation in that there is nothing that I'm particularly lusting after (how many dirt pedals can you make use of?) but, when I do find something particularly interesting and different every once in a while, I'll go for it.

Probably the most intersting pedal I've bought in a long time is the Catalinbread Adineko which is designed to sound like one of those old oil can echoes like what you'd hear in spaghetti westerns. It's a niche sound for sure, but it's really good at it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRUmK9-8xY[/ame]

rjshare

Reaction score
Funnily enough I'm in that position regarding guitars, but pedals I'm still on the merry-go-round for. That said, I've never owned 50 of them at any given moment, so yeah, maybe it's just that, like, there are none left to buy any more for you!

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If you like ambient delay, check out the BuGG Daydream. I got mine a couple of months ago and I think it's fantastic. Really different from anything I've heard and sounds great with other pedals. Very, very tweakable for a plethora of unique FX. I recorded a short clip of some cowboy-chord strumming with the BuGG. It also has acoustic simulation and chorus.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/northernguitarguy/morning-sunshine-turns-to-rain[/SC]

I was just looking at those today. Sounds damn good,too:thumb:

efstop

Premium Member
Reaction score
I got GAS for pedals today. Never had one ever and suddenly have three, with maybe three on a wish list.

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I can't think of a new pedal that I'd get. I have all the effects I can even think of, in the versions I wanted, excepting a Dunlop Mini VP to replace the giant EB, and the forthcoming miniature CompCut boost pedal, which will be kicking the FD2 off the board, after probably 10yrs.
I just need to build the board, now.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Okay,so I wasnt completely honest in my earlier post. I just got a LovePedal Gold Tchula(I'll get pics later along with a NPD),and I have BuGG on the job for a G2 clone. So,yaaaa,I guess my pedal GAS is still brewing:laugh2:

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am done with PAS excluding all the pedals that I think would be great to own, or useful to own, or fun to own, or just cool to check out, or are too inexpensive to pass up, or someone else says I should check them out.

Just to throw it out there, I have been gasing for an Eventide Eclipse. I am sure if I bought that I would not need any more pedals except for the exclusion I previously mentioned.

gibsonguitar1988

Reaction score
For me pedals will always be the go to and I'll never tire of them. Playing without them wouldn't be near as fun for me.

Right now there is about 6 pedals I want but there was a time I had a list of many but I've bought them all already, lol.

My current wishlist:

Eventide H9
JHS Muffuletta
Friedman BE-OD
Pettyjohn PettyDrive V2
Chase Bliss Brothers
Catalinbread Echorec

tzd

Reaction score
How about this upcoming one:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qebnkmvjiw[/ame]

kboman

Reaction score
Whenever I feel my PAS is fading I visit the Basic Audio and PTD websites - cured!

sonar

Reaction score
Probably the most intersting pedal I've bought in a long time is the Catalinbread Adineko which is designed to sound like one of those old oil can echoes like what you'd hear in spaghetti westerns. It's a niche sound for sure, but it's really good at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRUmK9-8xY
I like the sound of this pedal. Maybe not enough to pull the trigger, but this might be the first delay I've been interested in for some time.

May be you need a new Wah pedal :hmm:
That one was easy... A grey Teese Picture Wah I bought new a long time ago. I was on the hunt for the best Vox clone out there and this one delivered. Last year I bought a Crybaby Mini to cover more of the 70's/Zeppelin Wah the Vox doesn't do.

How about getting on the Analog Man King of Tone waiting list. Tell yourself you are saving for that.

Even if you don't buy one, it puts your PAS on hold for a year or two! :laugh2:
Been there, done that. It's helped me curb the current Strymon love fest.

A lot of us go through the ultra boutique/expensive/waiting list pedal phase. Mine was back when Lovetone, Klon, Dave Foxx (TZF Flanger), Myrian painted Zvex, Teese and a young Robert Keeley were the expensive and coveted pedals.

I really like Analogman pedals, but the only one I have left is the Mini Chorus.

I've dumped most of my premium pedals. For example the Lovetone Doppelganger was hand's down the best Phaser I've ever played, but in the end I only really need a Phase 90. Or the TZF Flanger - cool pedal but I never really had much use for it. Old Klon's were great pedals, in a way revolutionary, but for $40 you can buy a Soul Food that sounds pretty darn good.

Blind Willie

Reaction score
As much as I like using pedals (and I have a bunch of them) I find it liberating to just plug in and play.

sonar

Reaction score
As much as I like using pedals (and I have a bunch of them) I find it liberating to just plug in and play.
Absolutely.

I have a couple setups that are just guitar -> amp.

My band pedalboard only has 3 effect pedals, and I probably only need two. One if you don't count reverb.

For me pedals are always going to be fun first. Any practical application is just a bonus.