Lost or Stolen Les Paul?

truckermde

Reaction score
I wonder if the cabbie who tried to keep it was fired like the company claimed he would be, if found with the guitar in his possession...

SFK

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It may have still been in the trunk.

six-string

Reaction score
the news story did indicate that it was the taxi company who revisited and investigated to determine who the exact driver was. once they spoke to him, they confirmed he had the guitar. the taxi company claims the guitar was then returned to its owner within an hour.
the company spokesman said they were "reviewing the situation and further possible discipline for the driver involved". the guitarist said he is just very happy to get his Les Paul back.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Epilogue: According to news reports this morning May 28th, Mr. Nadeau has recovered his missing Les Paul. Apparently the Blue Line Taxi company was able to track down the driver and locate the guitar (after the story appeared in the newspaper) and it was returned. So another happy ending!

I will bet the owner will be keeping much closer tabs on his instrument in the future!

Yay! Good for the owner! :applause:

LPJNoob

Reaction score
sorry, but the guys a dumb ass for leaving it in the trunk . If I'm in a cab with my les paul it rides up front with me .

Yeah, that thing would never leave my sight. Plus, I always do a "check" to make sure I hve everything BEFORE leaving.

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
People forget/lose all kinds of things in cabs - luggage, purses, wallets, briefcases, laptops, backpacks, you name it. Cellphones are the top item.

All cab companies (in the US) have strict policies about returning customer's goods, and any decent driver checks the trunk and cab continually.

It's not a surprise he got the guitar back, it's just a shame it took a newspaper article to make it so.

That driver should be suspended or fired if he was attempting to keep it.

As if it would go unnoticed...

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Accidents happen, but he must have been wasted not to keep an eye on his only instrument. That guitar is long gone. He might as well just cut his losses and buy an Epi Tribute Plus for the time being. 1/3 the cost and gets the job done.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
A few years ago, Yo Yo Ma left his Stratavarius (valued at $2.5MM) in the trunk of an NYC yellow cab. He got it back.

Ozzy Mandeus

Reaction score
I'm glad the news article got his guitar returned!

It's a bit odd that the last few paragraphs are a plug for Uber, because I can't see how this would have played out using the ride sharing app.

First, would you want to give three musicians a ride at 4 in the morning?
Second, if someone did stop for you would you get in their car?

:laugh2:

houston

Reaction score
Hate to be a cynic (no I don't), but getting yourself some pretty good coverage in the local paper over a relatively trivial incident can't be too bad of publicity.

Latest Threads