Lost my best friend today

E1WOOD5150

Purveyor of Joke Grenades
Reaction score
It always breaks my heart a little when I read these threads. There are always adorable pictures of handsome animals being happy, and I turn into a lip-quivering idiot.

My condolences to you for your loss. Cry when you have to. The tears will fade soon.

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Time heals, but there is always be that spot you'll have in your heart for him.

I had a buddy yrs ago and still to this day think of him. It's hard. I get it. Before him I didn't. He was and will always be my favorite.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that. It sounds like he had a great life with you. RIP Murph.

Travis19

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.

In the spirit of Mark Maron and his cat Boomer, I'm going to cap-off my next blues jam with a "Murf Lives" salute.

Nightrain

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words all.

We went out earlier and I just about held it together right until I stepped back in the front door and saw his leads weren't where they always are.

I'm sure all you other dog owners will attest to this. No matter how tough a day at work was, no matter how tired I was, I always looked forward to the dogs greeting me at the front door.

That is exactly what I have always thought about when I've been at work, he's always been the first thing I look for when I get in. I don't think I'll ever stop checking the corner in the kitchen where his bed was, so I've hung a picture of him up above just so I'm not met with a blank space every time I look there.

I've been pretty lucky through my life so far in not losing any close family, I was too young to get it when my grandparents died and yeah, been lucky since then to not loose anyone so this is kinda new to me. I just can't believe how fast he went, how all that personality has just gone in such a short time.

penguinchit

Reaction score
He's a cutie and that's a terrible feeling. No love like a dog's love.

dennis g

Reaction score
... I can tell you from personal experience this much--getting another one really does help. You can never replace one, but it does make every day a whole lot easier to face
And I can honestly say from personal experience that this is true, and that rescue dogs make the absolute most grateful and loyal pets on earth!

Latest Threads