LPG

I PLAY LIVE
Reaction score
Dole

Sorry to hear of this loss Brother.

RIP

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I should let you guys know that we have had another dog for about 3 years that remains in good health. She is a pomeranian or a pom mix. We adopted her from a rescue organization. Someone apparently had put her out of a car on I 25 just south of Colorado Springs. She was waiting in the median when a highway patrol trooper spotted her and took her to the shelter in CS. Problem was that the CS shelter only keeps dogs for 30 days, and then puts them down. By the 29th day nobody had adopted her so shelter staff called in the rescue organization from which we got her. Her name is Coco, and I didn't want all this talk about Barry to detract from what a good dog she is. She has a very thick, long, bushy coat of hair that (for some reason) does not mat, retain dirt or need much to look great. And she is a real clown, and friendly too.

On the vet's advice, we took Coco when we had Barry put to sleep. The vet said that it would be better if she knew what had happened to Barry, and that we hadn't thrown him out on a highway as happened to her. Right now, Coco is acting very sad. I hope time will cure that in her -- and in us too. We have had a habit of usually having two dogs for the past 25 years, but now we think we will try it with just Coco for a while and see how it works out.

TheX

Not my real pic.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly sorry about this, I love my dog.

Sp8ctre

Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your loss. Maybe after you have some time to heal you can find another friend. I know you can never replace the one you lost, but there are plenty of little guys out there that need a home.

I lost my little companion of 14 years about a year ago and I haven't been ready to look yet myself...

krakatoa1313

Reaction score
Will Rogers asked his minister if dogs go to heaven. The minister said "no, because dogs have no souls." Will Rogers said "well then, I want to go where dogs go." I agree with Will.

Great quote. I also agree.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
As you can see, we all share in your loss. We lost our Penny a few months ago, and I still shed tears at least once a week. Since we were married almost 32 years ago, the wifey and I have loved and lost five sweet pups. Now that we are older, and our kids are grown and live elsewhere, we hold our doggies more closely.

We still have our ten year old Bella, and just adopted a precious German Pointer whose leg was broken and was left in a ditch to die. With wonderful care, she recovered. She hops around on three legs when she walks, but can run on all four. We think she's about 18 months old. Her personality is so similar to Penny, we think Penny's soul moved on into our little pointer dog.

After all..........................
set_dogs_can_go_to_heaven_cnn.jpg

dennis g

Reaction score
whoever said dogs have no souls have never owned one.
i'll see all my friends later, and you will too.:wave:
sorry for your loss.

This pretty much says it all. I've been there, done that, and it's never easy, but I have a lot of friends waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Skit

Witch Doctor
Reaction score
Sorry Dole. :( Sounds like Barry was a cool buddy. Keep giving Coco all the love you can.

tinman402

Reaction score
Sorry man. I know it is rough. I miss my little buddy everyday and it has been a good while he has been gone..

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dole,

I have no words for you, except my deepest condolences. This is one of the roughest days we can have, saying goodbye to our four legged friends. I'm so sorry.

"We all can only be so lucky to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult" - Anonymous

Maynar

You reached for the secret too soon
Reaction score
Lost many pets over the years, I hear ya Db.

May you find comfort in Coco. Best wishes to you, and my condolences.

My cat Frankie is hanging in there, but he's the oldest of the bunch so when the Reaper shows, he'll take Frank first.

The cycle continues.

donlumber

Reaction score
I'm sorry about your loss Dole. We put a 14 yr old dog down last month. I know how much it hurts. We went and got another one just this last weekend.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Thanks, all. We traditionally have had two dogs. Barry was what they call the "Alpha dog" -- the boss in the dog world around here. When he passed away, we still had our other dog, Coco. She is now the Alpha dog. As such, her personality has really developed, and in a good way. If Barry's passing had left us with no dog, we would probably be paying a visit to the shelter about now. But as things are, I think we will wait and see how Coco does on her own. Great, so far.

RAG7890

Reaction score
X–Ray;6798107 said:
Thank you for sharing your loss with us...

If only people could be more like dogs

Take care

+ 1. The world would be a better place. :)

Sorry to hear about your loss DB. RIP Barry.

Cheers, Rudi

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your loss, Dole.

Major condolences!

Latest Threads