Lost my best friend today.

CHUNKYNECK

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Dogs are the best companions.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I want to thank all my MLP buds for responding to my post about my dog. I really didn't know how it would go. As we live in Durango, CO, we have become indoctrinated into a culture that it a bit different than most of the US. Here. we have programs to protect wildlife such as deer, elk and black bear (mountain lions, not so much). Dogs are very revered here. Businesses downtown have water bowls outside for the dogs. Dogs are taken into some stores, like Home Depot. I am surprised that we don't have ay dogs on the city council. Perhaps next year. They would mess the floor less than some council members do now! So the death of a dog is like the death of a family member here, and I thank all of you for understanding this. Barry had a good life, with lots of attention and good food (until he stopped eating it). And I thank you all for caring for a dog you never met.

DHBucker

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for loss. My dog is indeed family and she gives love without condition like you did for Barry. I'm sure he's ok right now and will waiting for you when you reach the Stars yourself. May heavens light shine on both of you and all of us.

Frogfur

Reaction score
I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope things improve for you.

Hack

Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Nothing can replace the love of a good dog.

Get some pics up.

rockinlespaul

Oxblood Addict
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That really sucks, I'm so very sorry....

I'm not looking forward to a day like yours although it is inevitable. I cannot imagine not having my Blaze anymore.

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever said dogs have no souls have never owned one.

i'll see all my friends later, and you will too.:wave:

sorry for your loss.

defcrew

Reaction score
sorry about the dog...they mos def get deep into our hearts. When one of my best human friends who had played sax with me for years died I said, "Well, I'll be damned." He had had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel for a good minute. But when my 14 year old Lab got hit by a car looking for me after I left him behind jogging at night I cried like a bitch. There is only one cure and this may sound crass but....a new puppy! A man without a dog is like a man without a soul.

punkbird

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss . A little over a year ago I had to have one of my cats put down. We had gotten him when I was 6, and when we had to put him down I was 23. In those 17 years we had been very close. I understand how you feel, that cat acted more like a dog really. He loved walks outside and fetching things, not to mention how protective and loyal he was! Dog, cat, or human; its never easy saying goodbye.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, Dole.

I, too, wish people had the souls animals were given.

Pennyman

Reaction score
DB, I feel for you.

Been through it.

Facing it.

Will do it again.

Willingly.

That's the beauty/pain of pets.

I feel for you.

And when you get over the pain....

...do it again.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So very sorry to hear of you loss, DB! I know the feeling only too well. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread brought a tear to my eye. Sorry for your loss DB.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I want to go where dogs go, too. Some days they make better friends than people do. Pets are hard to lose.

Zungle

Reaction score
Sounds like you and Barry had an incredible 14 years.....

I hope your heart heals quickly and your bond and memories never fade.

rvschulz

Reaction score
sorry for your loss. my cocker spaniel is 10 ... she recently has been diagnosed with some tumors and that's that. I'm keeping a close eye on her so she doesn't have any pain issues and she is still being her usual eat, crap, sleep and tail wagging self.

I got her when there were 5 people in the house, now it's just me and her. I hope I can keep my shit together as well as you have when I outlive her.

and ... I want to go where the dogs go too.

martin H

Reaction score
I want to thank all my MLP buds for responding to my post about my dog. I really didn't know how it would go. As we live in Durango, CO, we have become indoctrinated into a culture that it a bit different than most of the US. Here. we have programs to protect wildlife such as deer, elk and black bear (mountain lions, not so much). Dogs are very revered here. Businesses downtown have water bowls outside for the dogs. Dogs are taken into some stores, like Home Depot. I am surprised that we don't have ay dogs on the city council. Perhaps next year. They would mess the floor less than some council members do now! So the death of a dog is like the death of a family member here, and I thank all of you for understanding this. Barry had a good life, with lots of attention and good food (until he stopped eating it). And I thank you all for caring for a dog you never met.

Sounds like a dammed good place to me. Every time a pet like this dies, I swear I will never get another because I don't want to go through the loss again.

Then one usually shows up on the doorstep, or in a friends garage, or under the hood of the car, or wandering on highway 97, or stuck in a drainpipe etc etc .

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
Sorry to hear man. Putting my dog (in my sig) to sleep was one of the hardest days of my life. His ashes are on my dresser.
I really feel for you.

Latest Threads