Lost My Best Friend Today

fett

Get fett. It pays.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dogs do die. When Red died, I did the right thing? The pound had a drop off. It was a dead dog in a slot. He was cremated. About Joey. He died. My son grew up with him. We also had our "Littlest Christmas Tree". The tree started out as a something that looked like a weed. I decided to put it in a planter box. We had a real tree. It was our inside Xmas tree for about 3 years. I planted it outside. It grew into a 20+ ft tree. When Joey died, I dug a hole under the tree and laid him to rest. It was just the right thing to do. Now, I'm getting sappy again.

poncho

Banned
Reaction score
What a cute pooch. Sorry to hear man, my condolences. Like losing a family member. My dog is gettin up there, and I most certainly look towards that day with absolute dread

DHBucker

Reaction score
May God take him into heaven and keep him safe. He's a beautiful boy.

Svet

Reaction score
I am truly sorry. I've been there and losing our K9 kids just sucks! 12 years is a great life though

corbo

Reaction score
condolences, went through it a few months ago was a horrible experience. best wishes to you

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies and condolences are with you.

Gargamel647

Gold Plated Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if your fat, skinny, old, young, ugly or good looking. They love you unconditionally. From the sounds of it, you loved him just as much. Take comfort in the fact that he had a great life and was loved. Many animals sadley are not as fortunate. I'm so sorry.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
im sorry for your loss.its been 8 1/2 years since i had to put my lab mix to sleep.they really are part of the family.

ATM47

Reaction score
I'm sad to hear of this.
I did it a few years ago.
It is an awful experience.
My condolences to all of you.

AC99

Reaction score
The hard part of putting a dog down for me was that at first I felt guilty or that I had somehow betrayed her.

It wasn't logical because she had a tumor that was partially in her lungs and the vet told me that nothing could be done as he had started into the talk about what was best for her.

But that first week or so was rough with guilt regardless.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
All your MLP friends will miss Blitz, too. We share in your sorrow, but know your tears will become fond memories.

Here's to all our late little buddies.

markerdown

Reaction score
aww man I knew I shouldn't have opned this thread, so sorry to hear about your bud. Its never easy when they leave us no matter if it's your first or fourth. Hang in there, cherish the memories.

lunchmeat

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Such a hard decision to make but you know when its time. I put my little buddy down a few months ago too, she was also 12. I know what your feeling. Hang in there.