Lost half my tone

DIMAIO90

Reaction score
I’m coming up on a year with my les paul and I have to say I’m disappointed. The guitar is beautiful, and plays great... BUT Sometime in the past few weeks my les paul lost half its tone. Never had this happen before. What am I gonna do?

Attachments

JMP

Reaction score
Another bold example of the piss poor quality Gibson is pumping out. This sort of thing would never happen with Epiphone. Send it back!

(I kid)

monstruo_loco

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just messing around. Guitar sounds great. The tone sticker fell off the knob lol.
got me, should’ve paid closer attention to the photos! wonder how many pages this thread would’ve made it before someone caught on?

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to say your missing one of your tone caps.... and that’s the problem. No cap .... No tone.

But the cat had already left the bag:facepalm:

I would leave the no-cap knob off and leave the other knob loose so you can switch pots when adjusting the tone. Tone is back..... or you can wire it as a master tone.......

:laugh2:

bum

Reaction score
The silver caps on the knobs are actually valves, your tone valve is fully open there and your tone has escaped, close it back up and it'll naturally regenerate

freak

Reaction score
Take the pick guard off and use heavier gauge strings.

Renegade

Reaction score
The silver caps on the knobs are actually valves, your tone valve is fully open there and your tone has escaped, close it back up and it'll naturally regenerate
You can use blue painters tape until the new silver cap arrives. Not as good but it helps.

DIMAIO90

Reaction score
Seriously though, anyone know if I can just get the sticker? Or just get a new knob?

DIMAIO90

Reaction score
She gone. Actually just found a pic from band practice in February and it was missing back then too! Just never noticed. I’m just gonna order a new knob.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whew. That was close.

Now if you lose half your Mojo come on back & we'll try to help you find it. :cool2:

Latest Threads