Lost a friend

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
This was my little brother...and one of my wife's best friends. We've had him going on 20 years....nothing bad happened to him or anything, he just got really old and all the things that come with it....lost some vision and hearing, wasn't that steady anymore, kidney problems, you know. He passed away peacefully this morning, and we're really going to miss him....dude had a really enjoyable personality, and everyone who met him fell in love with him. We had numerous offers to buy him, and friends would stop by ostensibly to see us, but play with him the entire time.

We'll see you soon little brother; just not soon enough to suit me.

Goodbye and hello as always, old friend.

image_zpsbf94c90b.jpg

7gtop

Reaction score
Sorry for your family's loss ... :wave:

SWeAT hOg

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I know the feeling, it's a punch in the gut. Sorry for your loss

BrianB

Reaction score
My condolances to you and yours. :(

danohat

Reaction score
Animals are so beautiful. Sorry for your pain.

Drew224

"Obvious BS Artist"
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
RIP. Sorry man.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear the sad news. I'm sure he was happy to have had such a long life with people who loved him.

MenaceMartin

Reaction score
So so sorry to hear this :( It's tough (ours was 18, passed in September), but 20 years is a fantastic length of time, and i'm sure he brought loads of happiness and unconditional love to your whole family.

I'm not sure if this will help, but someone on here sent it to me (can't remember who), and it helped me begin to come to terms with the loss of our Jack... The Rainbow Bridge Poem.

Stay strong fella, and RIP little guy.

GammyBird

Reaction score
Sorry to hear. At least he had a damn fine home for the past 20 years or so.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He lived a full life of love and play, what more could a cat ask for?

Know he's chasing mice and batting balled up paper, on the other side.

God speed little brother.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Sorry for you. We had a Cat very similar to yours that died very old. One morning I saw him tilt from side to side for a few seconds in order to regain his balance. He had showed other signs he was not too well the week before. I decided it was time. We took him to the vet. After the "calming" shot, he walked into my arms. I held him while the vet installed the shot kit in his paw and then I pressed the trigger. I thought I owed it to him.
We buried him in a nice area on our land, besides his adopted "sister" who had passed away 2 years before (we put her down also as she had developed a tumor on her jaw, she was 19).

These cats can really touch us.

leftyguitarman

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your loss.

If he lived almost 20 years, he no doubt had a terrific life with people who loved him. Remember that.

james beam

Banned
Reaction score
:( always sad to loose a friend , wife is still sad after loosing her hotdog , 6 months ago .

Cruznolfart

Reaction score
Tough to let our old friends go, even when we know it's time. Sorry for your loss. He had a good life because of you.

Shawn Lutz

Reaction score
sorry :( My sincere condolences. Pets are family members too and it hurts just the same when you lose one.

Latest Threads