Losing my best friend tomorrow.

Dr. Arkam

Reaction score
Oh man, I'm sorry. My Rottie is 10 and sometimes when I look at her I can see how old she is and I get sad because I know she won't be around forever. She's one I my favorite "people" in the world. Nothing like the love of a dog, it's about the most unconditional type of love there is.

He looks like a happy pup, can't ask for more than that.

Barabus

Reaction score
It's so hard to do but you know it's the right thing, i lost my boy last year and I ball'd and ball'd my eyes out, as i know you will. But he had a great life by the looks of the pictures and you can see the love was mutual. It's inevitable we lose them but it's great to know them for a while.
I'll never forget old big balls..

Attachments

• DSCF0822.jpg
    DSCF0822.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 25

lǎo​wài

It's All About the Maos
Reaction score
Sorry, man. It's for the best, but it's still like losing a kid.

Condolences.

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Gordon Oswald Smith. 14 years and a couple weeks old. Its time.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. This is the sweetest most loving dog in the world and I have to have him put down.

My sincerest condolences Hack.

We just lost our old faithful German shepherd 'Django' a few months ago..
Have lost many over the years and it tears me up every time..

DjangoL1-1.jpg

Rocknburn

Reaction score
Feel sorry for ya...I got a dog too love he is been with me for like 2 years and im pretty shre it must be really hard.He was always waiting in front of the door for 14 years.Damn i feel really bad.

NRBQ

Reaction score
Gordon Oswald Smith. 14 years and a couple weeks old. Its time.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. This is the sweetest most loving dog in the world and I have to have him put down.

DSC_0014.JPG

As you can tell, he is blind. Failed attempts to save his eyesight has left him without any eyes. He did fine as a blind boy, he was much happier and without any pain after they came out.

Now he has Congestive Heart Failure, which is treatable, but when they x-rayed him for the progress they found the liver & lung cancer. Now it has caught up to him. He is no longer a happy pup. He hacks and coughs. Pretty much lost his appetite the last two days.

I'm bringing home Pizza tonight (his favorite) and going to stop off and get some kind of chocolate treat since he has never gotten to taste chocolate.

He has had a full life. Has done things and gone places that most dogs would only dream about. He has been treated just like a kid his whole life and has given us the love of 20. (if any of you have or know a Boston Terrier, you know what I mean)

FISHINDOG.jpg

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

IMG_1883.jpg

DSC_0267.JPG

smoocher.JPG

This will be a very long night for me and my wife. We are going to have to do this no matter how much it hurts. It is too selfish to keep him alive at this point. I know this because I know my dog. He is not himself and I do not want him in pain. He deserves the best I can give him, no matter the cost.

No need to say any prayers for him. He was born an angel and stayed one his whole life.

I know you will get many responses from people that understand what you are going through and I am one of those people too. Someone once told me that there can come a time that if you prolong your dogs life when it is time to do what is right for the dog you are doing it for yourself and that is selfish. Of course the day I had to put my beloved Kiko down I thought how can I do this to my best friend but it was still the right thing to do and as a dog owner that loves your friend it had to be done. My vet said I would know when the time had come and I did, you no doubt now understand this as well. My heart goes out to you in every way possible and remember all dogs go to heaven and also the great times you had. All my best.

djjagdish

Reaction score
Sounds like a great dog and true friend. 14 years is a good long life for a pup - unfortunately it has to come to an end, but he'll live on in memory. It's a tough, tough thing to do - my condolences.

McDegga

Reaction score
Sorry, Hack. This sucks. No other way to put it. I've had to do the same to 2 of my best friends ever and look forward to many more. I know that may sound strange, but it's their love and affection that makes the rest of life that much easier. He looks to have been an amazing dog, one in a lifetime to be sure. The good news, no, the GREAT news is that there's another dog who will bring you many years of joy in a very different way than this loving guy.

I hope he enjoys his chocolate and the pain is easy for you and your wife to bear. Don't be scared to being another dog into your life, it's the best medicine. Good luck. Good cry. You'll need it.

bridge500t

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. Losing a pet is extremely hard. Take comfort that he had a wonderful and full life and was loved very much.

tolm

Bigsby Junkie
Reaction score
Such sad news - hang in there.

Looks like one happy dogs life from the pictures.

bungle

Reaction score
Sucks for sure. Had to put down Felix the cat not long ago...condolences .

BBC

Reaction score
I feel very sorry for you and I admire your strength to do the right thing. The time is coming soon for me to do the same for my buddy Drex my 16 year old Jack Russel. He has been my shadow since he was 4 months old. I just hope I can do the right thing, but I just don't know...

DREX_zps0bf933f4.jpg

Cloverdale Road

Reaction score
My condolences, Hack. I know....it's tough.

My buddy Otis was my best friend for a good bit:

DSC00230.jpg

You have provided lots of love, that's for sure. That's all they ask for......

:wave:

Latest Threads