Losing my best friend tomorrow.

SexyGibson

Reaction score
Sad to hear this news Hack. I know what it's like when a pet becomes a part of the family. You're doing the right thing and Im sure he would tell you the same thing.

Banned
Reaction score
I'm so so sorry for your loss. When your heart is ready, please consider opening your heart and home to another pup-pup. So very many need homes...

adopt.jpg

DHBucker

Reaction score
I honestly believe that a good dog or cat is a gift of devine providence and one of God's angels in disguise sent to comfort us and bring us joy. I have felt the pain you are feeling Hack. It really is the loss of a family member for me.

Take care and hold on to your buddy tonight. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sakamoto

Reaction score
I recently had to put my best buddy down also, gut wrenching!

As hard as it was on me it WAS the humane thing to do.

Thoughts are with you man!

JChap

Pork Loin Fisted Player
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you and your family is going through this. We had to do the same with our boy Hitch last year. He'll be waiting for Gordon on Rainbow Bridge. Give yourself time to heal, then give another lucky pup a chance to be a part of your loving family.

Hitchy

Hitch12x9.jpg

zeronalo

Reaction score
Man sorry to hear this.

My dogs are a bigger part of my life than all but my wife. Better than any best friend.

I have the first dog my wife and I got when we got together. She's 17, blind and in bad shape. I will be making the same choice as you very soon.

Be happy for all the time you got to spend with your friend. I wish dogs would live longer lives so we didn't have to go thru these situations.

Aloha
Freddy

Shelbyblues

Reaction score
As hard as it is you are doing the right thing. We had a Rott for 12 years and had to put her down 7 years ago.

I felt guilty for months, but it wouldn't have been fair to the animal to make her suffer anymore.

Zack

Reaction score
Its always hard loosing a friend. my condolences. :(

7gtop

Reaction score
Had to do the same ... couple of years now ... :(

She lived every day with one of the human family ,
she was always there .... toughest thing I've ever known .

My sincerest of thoughts and vibes sent , to you Sir .

:wave:

Volusia

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, really.

I'm off to pick up the Pizza. Have a good weekend, yall kiss your favorites once for me.

DSC_0165.JPG

I'm so sorry to hear about this and I know how you must be feeling. We lost our beautiful 15 year old dog last June. She was extremely sick and I agonized about having her put to sleep. She died in my wife's arms the day before she was scheduled. I'm not much for poems but someone sent this to me after my dog passed and it helped me. I've shared this before on here but want to share it again in hopes it helps you as well. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I AM NOT THERE
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.
~ Unknown Author

FUS44

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about your buddy. Had to do it with my dog 10 years ago. It broke my heart but I knew that he was suffering (cancer, wouldn't eat anymore). 15 awesome years. HAven't had another dog since.

lariat

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this Hack. My deepest condolences.

I wish you strength to get through this.

Pennyman

Reaction score
I've been there myself, and there are no words to describe it...

But you gave that dog a good and loving home, which is more than a lot of dogs can hope for.

My sincerest condolences.

QuicksilverSS

Reaction score
So sorry Hack. One of the hardest but most humane thing we ever do is have to put down a family member.[PET] My condolences. Stay strong.

fatbird

Reaction score
I'm not too tough to admit that your post brought tears to my eyes, Hack. Many years ago, I held my little dog in my arms when she was put down and took comfort in knowing that the last thing she saw was the love in my eyes. My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Same here I feel for you brother, it's always tough

Latest Threads