Losing my best friend tomorrow.

Nicky

On The Road Less Traveled
Reaction score
Bless you and your family, Hack, for doing what is right and kind. We are all hurting with you, I promise. What a lovely life Gordo had in your home, and what wonderful love he gave you in return. Take comfort in that feeling as it will sooth your sorrow.

Gotta go...got something in my eye.

JeffBlue

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss brother. May not be the best solace, but your best friend will always be in your heart and memories. It is hard to lose a family member. Wish the best for you and yours.

Sinster

Reaction score
Gordon Oswald Smith. 14 years and a couple weeks old. Its time.

This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. This is the sweetest most loving dog in the world and I have to have him put down.

DSC_0014.JPG

As you can tell, he is blind. Failed attempts to save his eyesight has left him without any eyes. He did fine as a blind boy, he was much happier and without any pain after they came out.

Now he has Congestive Heart Failure, which is treatable, but when they x-rayed him for the progress they found the liver & lung cancer. Now it has caught up to him. He is no longer a happy pup. He hacks and coughs. Pretty much lost his appetite the last two days.

I'm bringing home Pizza tonight (his favorite) and going to stop off and get some kind of chocolate treat since he has never gotten to taste chocolate.

He has had a full life. Has done things and gone places that most dogs would only dream about. He has been treated just like a kid his whole life and has given us the love of 20. (if any of you have or know a Boston Terrier, you know what I mean)

FISHINDOG.jpg

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

IMG_1883.jpg

DSC_0267.JPG

smoocher.JPG

This will be a very long night for me and my wife. We are going to have to do this no matter how much it hurts. It is too selfish to keep him alive at this point. I know this because I know my dog. He is not himself and I do not want him in pain. He deserves the best I can give him, no matter the cost.

No need to say any prayers for him. He was born an angel and stayed one his whole life.

Sorry to hear this. I dread the day that I have to do the same for my dogs. I have done it in the past and it's awful. Just reading this thread I couldn't hold back the water works as it brought memories of my best friends as well.

jcsk8

Reaction score
I had many pups that have gone, and it's always hard. The last one gone last month. Was a german shepard with 14 years old that had cancer too. It's ok that you bring some food for him to taste, as he was already going. But be carefull with other dogs because chocolate and onions (in the case of the pizza) are toxic for them.

River

Reaction score
My condolences. It's a burdensome obligation for which we sign on. Painful as it is, we keep doing it, as we should.

Gyroman

Reaction score
My deepest condolences and sympathies, Hack. I had to do the same for my namesake Gyro some years back, and it's the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I've said this before when folk have lost a dear pet: You'll meet him again in your dreams when you're ready. It hurts at first when you wake up, because you feel you've lost them over again, but in time you wake up with a smile because they've come to see you.

Chris.

morats8up

Reaction score
Hack, Just looking at those pictures is enough to make me well up.
He was lucky to have such a great owner.

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
You've take good care of his friend. He will await you at the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.

Guitarhack

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers go out to you. You shared a wonderful life with him and I'm sure he knows how much you love and care for him.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
Sincere condolences Hack. Most has already been said. But focus on the positive and realise that the ultimate act of selfless love is to give him a dignified and painless passing. Hold him in your arms. Shed a tear. Remember the good times. Keep him in your heart.

Cheers

bocage44

Reaction score
Tough day indeed. Saying goodbye to a great friend is hard - I'm sorry for your loss.

mikethebumperman

Reaction score
So very sorry. Sad.

All dogs go to Heaven. They are the perfect example of devotion and heart. Bless you and your wife Hack..

KP

Oldtimer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Condolences. I have been down that road a few times myself.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, Hack! I know well the pain. It will be a long night. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Hack

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, really.

I'm off to pick up the Pizza. Have a good weekend, yall kiss your favorites once for me.

DSC_0165.JPG

Latest Threads