Losing my best friend, my mentor.

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
Wolfe, I'm speechless. Both in awe and with sympathy.

My warmest regards are with you.

Tchap

Reaction score
Wolfe, I am truly sorry that you are losing Jess. But, try to imagine what he might say to you if it were someone else that special to you that were dying. To my way of thinking he is embarking on another phase of his existence. You can not destroy energy, it just takes a different form. And Mal was right, that was a great eulogy.

Frettter

Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. What he has given you is your gain. As Tchap said, "he is embarking on another phase of his existence," but here he'll live through you and others he has given to.

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Wolfe, I am truly sorry that you are losing Jess. But, try to imagine what he might say to you if it were someone else that special to you that were dying..

He would say...
"People die, it's a way of life"

Jess is still with us, but not for long I'm sure. That's one one tough old bastard.
I spent most of the day a the ranch, with his son and others.
There have been people fighting in the Dojo all day, next to his room, with the war drums going.
Jess' attorney was there, to settle the will, and cremation plans have been made... as long as we can keep the smoke white, the fire department won't come. He'll be given a warrior's cremation..... he says that he wants his skin tanned, and made into a woman's saddle. That way, he can be between the two things he loves most. Horses, and women...

The ranch is pretty far away from town, and it is located on an Indian reservation, so it might not be much of a problem.

I've ripped and uploaded one of the old Self Defense DVDs they made, for anyone who might be interested in hearing. This video is quite old, so the quality is pretty low. This was filmed at a Sci-Fi convention... maybe 10 or 12 years ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfOSJi0yJ2M"]Jess Roe - Personal Defense - YouTube[/ame]

zeronalo

Reaction score
sorry wolfe I know it's tough.

I'm going thru a similar thing right now with another great man who is 89 as well. I hope he sees another Christmas but if he doesn't I will be grateful for all he's taught me, the time we spent together and the impact he's had on me and others. The world is a better place because of people like this. I hope to be half as much as he was and I will consider it a success.

Freddy

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Still alive as of 7:30 tonight. I was there most of the day. Pretty sure that what's keeping him around at this time is the girls.

Here's one, his current squeeze....a photo of a photo...
jess.jpg

Words to live by... and boy, did he...

quote.jpg

I've uploaded a couple short videos.

A quick look at the Dojo. The girl who appears at the end is Kat, one of Jess' students. She's been there all week. I had a strange dream last night that included her. We were sitting on the couch next to Jess' bed as he passed away. I began to cry, and she sang into my ear, a song about it being alright. I asked her, when I arrived, if she sang. She explained that she had a similar dream of singing as he passed...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHkJwvCdPg"]A walk around the Dojo at Jess' ranch - YouTube[/ame]

Jess talks to his son about some Blacksmithing techniques.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iaF4y2ibtY"]Jess Roe talks about blacksmithing secrets. - YouTube[/ame]

sorry wolfe I know it's tough.

I'm going thru a similar thing right now with another great man who is 89 as well. I hope he sees another Christmas but if he doesn't I will be grateful for all he's taught me, the time we spent together and the impact he's had on me and others. The world is a better place because of people like this. I hope to be half as much as he was and I will consider it a success.

Freddy

Freddy, I'm sorry to hear that. It's rough, I know. The world needs more like them, and it's a shame we don't have them. It's a shame when the younger generations don't listen and respect them, too. I'm glad I did.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of this, Wolf.

I remember when you posted pics of your friend in a sword thread we had going... seems like a couple of years ago.

Stay strong.

--R

WolfeMacleod

V.I.P. Member
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of this, Wolf.

I remember when you posted pics of your friend in a sword thread we had going... seems like a couple of years ago.

Stay strong.

--R

Yep, sure did.
Bought one tonight, One of the last swords Jess made. It has an operational cap-and-ball pistol mounted to the freaking crossguard, aime along the blade..... just trigger and barrel, no pistol grip!

Latest Threads