Lord Stanley’s Cup 2022!

PeteK

Reaction score
I was watching the highlights of the Pens/Rangers. After a Rangers goal they show the crowd going nuts and there was a fan in a Rangers jersey giving the double middle finger salute and you could clearly see him screaming "FUCK YOU PITTSBURGH" Stay classy New Yorkers. :laugh2:

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Man, a couple days of great hockey. I watched all the game 7s and they did not disappoint. I think that the Oilers/Flames series should be awesome.

Oettinger (Stars' goalie) was the outstanding player of the first round (IMO). Last night he was amazing, breaking Ken Dryden's record for saves in a playoff game.

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I was watching the highlights of the Pens/Rangers. After a Rangers goal they show the crowd going nuts and there was a fan in a Rangers jersey giving the double middle finger salute and you could clearly see him screaming "FUCK YOU PITTSBURGH" Stay classy New Yorkers. :laugh2:
I lived in NYC during the Gretzky/Messier/Leech/Richter days. I will admit to enjoying watching them. That said, I have never really been a supporter. However, the Rangers doing well is good for the rest of the league (IMO).

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for the Pens. I loved the Lemieux/Jagr/Coffee days. Sid/Malkin/Letang have been great fun to watch, too. Holy cow those teams were great. That said, I was sort of rooting for the Rangers to get through. It was great hockey and the Rangers deserved the win.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a broom emoji? Avs!

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
It was a 7 game series?

The Penguins outplayed the Rangers except in one category: number of wins
My point was that Crosby was "taken out" by an asshole (Trouba has a history
of hitting heads) and it totally changed the series. Crosby missed games
and the last one he wasn't quite himself.
And as stated before, I'm not a fan of Crosby but I hate to see stuff like that.
But good for you if you enjoyed that.

pmonk

Reaction score
My point was that Crosby was "taken out" by an asshole (Trouba has a history
of hitting heads) and it totally changed the series. Crosby missed games
and the last one he wasn't quite himself.
And as stated before, I'm not a fan of Crosby but I hate to see stuff like that.
But good for you if you enjoyed that.
Never said I enjoyed it. Just stated the Penguins outplayed the Rangers but still lost.

That is playoff hockey

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Avs put on a show. Lots of depth in that absolute shooting gallery of a game. Bennington did all he could. Some strong goaltending for sure.

LP121

Reaction score
The Avs put on a show. Lots of depth in that absolute shooting gallery of a game. Bennington did all he could. Some strong goaltending for sure.

I think the Avs might take it this year.

LP121

Reaction score
I have a soft spot for the Pens. I loved the Lemieux/Jagr/Coffee days. Sid/Malkin/Letang have been great fun to watch, too. Holy cow those teams were great. That said, I was sort of rooting for the Rangers to get through. It was great hockey and the Rangers deserved the win.

Forgot to respond to this.

I've been a Pens fan my whole life. I was privileged enough to to attend several regular season and playoff home games.

Having Lemieux, Jagr, Ron Francis, and Coffey all at the top of their game was incredible to see close up.

PeteK

Reaction score
The "Battle for Alberta" is off to a hell of a start! 15 goals in a hockey game makes for some good entertainment!

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never watch hockey during the regular season but I must say some of the most intense sports moments have been in the last 5 minutes of a close hockey game in the playoffs....

PeteK

Reaction score
Kane with a hat trick tonight. That dude sure found a good spot with the Oilers. He's been on fire!

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
More great hockey this evening. Kadri with the hat trick! That’ll piss off a few hicks.

Not much from Nate or Cale. Not needed.

Latest Threads