Loose tuner bushings on vintage Junior

fernieite

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 1963 Junior had Grovers on it at some point. I put the original Single line brass post Klusons back on with conversion bushings, but I don't like the look of the bushings.

I have a set of proper vintage Kluson bushings for this guitar, and they look great on the headstock, but they're way too loose to stay in place.

I was thinking of just simply putting a drop of some sort of nitro-safe glue on the underside of the lip of the bushings to hold them in place.

Would super glue gel be a good option, or clear nail polish perhaps / tape of some kind? (I don't want to plug and drill)
Thanks.

My photos are too large for this site, so here's a link to the thread I started on another forum.

redking

Reaction score
Stew Mac has aged oversized conversion bushings that will fit better. Check this out:

Joe Desperado

Reaction score
He got all the same answers on the TGP. Not sure why folks cross posts like this. We all belong to all the same forums.

fernieite

Reaction score
He got all the same answers on the TGP. Not sure why folks cross posts like this. We all belong to all the same forums.
Because not everyone is on all the forums, and I trust the opinions of many of the guys here. ( btw, I only chose here and the vintage section of the gear page)

I'm now looking into getting my favorite luthier (FreddyG) to plug and re-drill the tuner holes to line things up better and accommodate the proper bushings for this guitar.

Thanks for the helpful comments received.

Last edited: