Looks like fender have discontinued the american deluxe series (strat AND tele) ?

sidepartings26

Reaction score
It's looking like the american deluxe is discontinued. A few retail sites say so e.g:

Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst, Maple | DV247

and

Fender American Deluxe Strat Electric Guitar Amber Maple Neck & Fender Hard Case

I can't find a deluxe stratocaster on US sites like music123 either...

Also some forums are hinting at it:

Did fender discontinue the american deluxe ash tele? - Telecaster Guitar Forum

Fender Community

as well as ebay listings e.g:

2004 Fender Deluxe Stratocaster USA Tobacco Burst Strat on eBay (end time 25-Jan-10 18:27:16 GMT)

Can't find anything 'official'. Anyone know about this or why they might be cancelled e.g. to make way for a new model?

JIM'S GoldTOP

Reaction score
The Deluxes are a great series. I sure hope thay arent discontinued :(

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
IDK still on the web site

Fender® Guitars

I wouldn't worry about it if they are dropped , nothing special IMO why they don't really even sound like a strat to me. No hum son = no tone.

J076

Reaction score
Maybe something new and even more exciting is coming?

:fingersx:

Justin_Case

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
The Strat is older that the LP - how many more variations can they do :)

sidepartings26

Reaction score
I think I want one but am worried incase they release some super duper strat right after I buy it! :laugh2:

Benjammin

Reaction score
damn, that sucks i liked those, I cant imagine they werent selling.

JonMan94

Reaction score
i think the american speicals series may have replaced it

overdriver

Banned
Reaction score
i think the american speicals series may have replaced it
No they are just Highway1 with a glossy poly body and different pups. finish. If a person was going to put them in a pecking order it would be, for MIA reg.production strats and teles, from top to bottom

American Deluxe
American standard
American Special
Highway 1

jomo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
damn, that sucks i liked those, I cant imagine they werent selling.
Think about it, they are middle of the road. If someone wants a cheap Fender, without going to a Squire, they get a meximelt or a Hwy1, or even a roadworn, what ever. If they want a really good one, they are hitting up pre-owned Custom Shop guitars. That's my opinion anyway.
When I bought my first Custom Shop Srat, I played a mexi, an A/S, and a Custom Shop. The Mexi was every bit as nice as the AS, but when I plugged in the C/S, it was a whole new ball game.

sidepartings26

Reaction score
Think about it, they are middle of the road. If someone wants a cheap Fender, without going to a Squire, they get a meximelt or a Hwy1, or even a roadworn, what ever. If they want a really good one, they are hitting up pre-owned Custom Shop guitars. That's my opinion anyway.
When I bought my first Custom Shop Srat, I played a mexi, an A/S, and a Custom Shop. The Mexi was every bit as nice as the AS, but when I plugged in the C/S, it was a whole new ball game.
I've seen a new 62 reissue for the same price on the deluxe. How do reissues compare to custom shops?

Yogi

Reaction score
It really depends the AVRIs are a nicer IMO than A/S and Deluxe, but thats if you want vintage features. But Jomo is right I have CS 65 Reissue, and to me going from American production line to CS is like that feeling of going from a high end Mexi to American. There a slight nuances that make the instrument feel a bit more substantial. Its kinda hard to describe.

paulatics

Reaction score
hope not i love my vintage cherry tele deluxe, best neck on a fender i have ever played. love the s1 switch and the noiseless pup's

jerryo

Reaction score
No they are just Highway1 with a glossy poly body and different pups. finish. If a person was going to put them in a pecking order it would be, for MIA reg.production strats and teles, from top to bottom

American Deluxe
American standard
American Special
Highway 1

How do you like your American Special :hmm:

does it play out pretty well ?

MUSTANGCAT

Reaction score
hope not i love my vintage cherry tele deluxe, best neck on a fender i have ever played. love the s1 switch and the noiseless pup's

I agree, I got a v-neck two tone tobacco sunburst that is a work of art. It plays and sounds excellent. I played a few Strats in my time so I'm not bias. I've played every kind, including original 50s. I want an earlier Jimmie Vaughn Strat, they are great also. I should have purchased one when they were under $400 dollars. The best sounding Strat I ever played was a late 50s, however the guy that owned it had the action on set up like crap! Thick strings, which isn't bad but it had the worst action I've ever felt on a guitar.

Latest Threads