Looking to buy a 1960 Les Paul

guitarman28

Reaction score
Please help me locate a sweet 1960 LP reissue with a Don Felder looking burst.

Desired specs:
Not heavily aged
Prefer non-VOS, but might be ok with it.

Nice slow fade from tea or brownish red to orange. (not red to yellow)
Curly or plain top. No chevron pattern
No heavy flecking or mineral marks.

See attached images for color I am looking for.

Attachments

• Felder LP with certificate.jpg
    Felder LP with certificate.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 63
  • P_1.jpg
    P_1.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 55

questionman

Reaction score
I am assuming you are looking for a reissue and not a real one

right?

jaik

Reaction score
when I see someone post "1960" on the forum, I generally assume they mean 1960, rather than R0

guitarman28

Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase this...

It seems to be fairly easy for me to find an R9 in the color combo that I am looking for, but not an R0 (or G0? not sure of the difference) I am fairly new to this search as I have just recently saved enough money to actually look seriously.

Is the problem that the R0 simply is not made in that color this year, or have they all been gobbled up?

Maybe some previous years models are available for sale? I know the 50th anniversary came in quite a few colors.

Thanks for your help.

So What

Reaction score
Ok, let me rephrase this...

It seems to be fairly easy for me to find an R9 in the color combo that I am looking for, but not an R0 (or G0? not sure of the difference) I am fairly new to this search as I have just recently saved enough money to actually look seriously.

Is the problem that the R0 simply is not made in that color this year, or have they all been gobbled up?

Maybe some previous years models are available for sale? I know the 50th anniversary came in quite a few colors.

Thanks for your help.

Why a 1960 reissue?

If you try the new R9's, many of them have necks similar to R0's.

I have a '14 R9 which feels the same as the 2011 R0 I used to have.

You can put reflectors on any of them.

guitarman28

Reaction score
The newer 59's have a different neck profile than the older ones? Really? Are there different versions or something similar to the V1, v2, v3 versions of the 60's neck? All I know is that I am used to a "60's slim taper", and a 1960 reissue that I played was very close to this and I found it comfortable. I played a 59 and it was not as comfy (don't know what year it was).

guitarman28

Reaction score
Thanks. I already received some photos from him earlier in the week, and it still has a fairly yellow center. Looking for darker. I know that they are out there especially since the 50th anniversay R0s came in various shades. Any wildwood bursts out there?

Left Paw

Reaction score
Not a problem to be a picky buyer, but rather than ask perhaps best to look at what is out there (MLP classifieds, ebay, reverb.com, etc) and judge for yourself. Those who are selling generally post rather than look for WTB ads.

Chef Greg

Reaction score
fyi, At Marks' Guitar Loft: (Item#766) 2011 VOS '58 Stinger that was originally slated to be a Don Felder '59 reissue -- these guitars are pretty special & great neck profile.

Happy hunting !

guitarman28

Reaction score
Not a problem to be a picky buyer, but rather than ask perhaps best to look at what is out there (MLP classifieds, ebay, reverb.com, etc) and judge for yourself. Those who are selling generally post rather than look for WTB ads.

Thanks, but I have pretty much exhausted all of those routes. I figured that networking was a good next step until new items come up for sale.

Who knows, somebody who was considering selling their guitar may be motivated to actually do it. Or somebody knows somebody who saw this on a wall a a local shop.

Latest Threads