Looking for Lazarus

pondcaster

Reaction score
1664384832601.jpeg

Saw this listed earlier today.

The rare "Jazarus" at it's original price.

And only 30m down the road from me...

Last edited:

pondcaster

Reaction score
You going to grab it?

If I hadn't just bought Amos I'd be seriously thinking about. Tempted to go down and try it, regardless.

I did send email to the Gville GC to see what the weight was.

Yes, I'm that guy!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Id go check it out man. They are getting hard to find great guitars. I love mine...

pondcaster

Reaction score
Id go check it out man. They are getting hard to find great guitars. I love mine...
No doubt.

If they reply to my email and if it's under 9 lbs, I'm beginning to lean toward grabbing it?

I would have a little while to see if it's a good one, right? And I could sell my Strat and Tele, if necessary? Would more than pay for Jaz.

And not to mention Jazarus would fit nicely with my Amos and JB Black Beauty.

rbraad68

Reaction score
It's a really good playing guitar . I was impressed. Now mine wasn't stock from the get go. I put the faber aged nickel bridge pieces in the thing. Along with the Gibson Alnico 2 Slash pups. But even with all that work I am sure the guitar played great stock... Good luck man and grab the thing if you get the chance.? I don't think it will be over 9 pounds. I i had to guess mine is maybe 8.5 pounds deff lighter than a couple of my 59's.....

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I am seeing that the $3000 Lazarus is not for sale anymore, it just states that the gear is no longer there, not sure if that means it sold. Haha

I am also seeing that the Joe B. BB's from 2020 are going for $2500-$2800.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I am seeing that the $3000 Lazarus is not for sale anymore, it just states that the gear is no longer there, not sure if that means it sold. Haha

I am also seeing that the Joe B. BB's from 2020 are going for $2500-$2800.
JUst the pick up?? I am confused lol ??

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 638804

Saw this listed earlier today.

The rare "Jazarus" at it's original price.

And only 30m down the road from me...
Jazarus! That’s pretty funny. I got a used Lazarus from GC. The previous owner popped the cover off the bridge pickup (?) but put a Faber Tune o Matic on it, a nice surprise. The original hardware was even included in the case.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Jazarus! That’s pretty funny. I got a used Lazarus from GC. The previous owner popped the cover off the bridge pickup (?) but put a Faber Tune o Matic on it, a nice surprise. The original hardware was even included in the case.
Yeah you did good on that deal? What have you done to it ??

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you did good on that deal? What have you done to it ??
I put the Wolfetone Marshallheads in it. The Faber stuff was worn nickel, so I was able to get the worn nickel Wolfetones at a good price to fit the look better. The bridge pickup had been an open coil black, and the neck was shiny chrome. It looks more proper now, the aged stuff fits it well.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I put the Wolfetone Marshallheads in it. The Faber stuff was worn nickel, so I was able to get the worn nickel Wolfetones at a good price to fit the look better. The bridge pickup had been an open coil black, and the neck was shiny chrome. It looks more proper now, the aged stuff fits it well.
Lets see some pics man. I don't think I got to see how it came out....

omm

Reaction score
You never know - some going for that aged look with new parts, while the summer was so hot and humid here that mine aged all by itself (and I was trying to remove the haze.)

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yours is the best Lazarus looking top yet. Have you tried removing the pickguard ?
No, I haven’t tried that. I do believe that certain guitars look better with it, others look better without it. Couple of the guys here took the pickguard off and put in zebra humbuckers for a Slash AFD look, it came out great.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Oh man that is prob one of the best Laz I have seen!! That thing is sick man! You did good on that one man .....

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I converted my Lazarus to a Slash AFD but can easily be switched back to a Standard Lazarus. What does it matter though, just an overall excellent guitar from Epiphone. The top does make for a good AFD though.

EpiSlashAppetite4.jpg

veneercrack1.jpg

Latest Threads