Looking for Lazarus

pondcaster

Reaction score
If it was purchased online they probably wouldn't have even received it yet.

Most likely scenario is it was purchased in the store. Buyer immediately returned it because of buyers remorse or it's a turd.
This laz has been returned again and back up on GC used online.

Looking like this one's definitely not a keeper... Even at low price.

DrBGood

Reaction score
I’m a bit late to the game, but this thread has brought me up to speed. After seeing Joe play in Syracuse back in March, I became interested in finding one of these. I recently placed an order on GC site, and was notified that the guitar was back ordered. I figured I would wait and see what happened.
Then, while visiting my local GC I spotted a ‘59 standard setup in Lemon burst (at first I thought it was a Lazarus). Bought it on the spot, (899$ Plus 10% off!) Thought I would take the Lazarus as well if it actually existed. After waiting a few days more I cancelled my online order.
Very happy with my purchase.
View attachment 628940
Just tell anybody who ask that it's a Lazarus

rbraad68

Reaction score
Unless you are wanting the " Laz " for resale value in the future??? The Lemon burst 59 is the same guitar with the same case minus the guys name and COA ... I got lucky with my Laz cause i missed the boat too. I was able to pick one up from a friend for the full 899 price barley used. I own 3 other 59's as well and I can tell you there is no diff in the lot of them. It's a toss up between my ADB and my JB Laz as to which one is my favorite??

59 slash done 03.jpg
59 ADB 02.jpg

I would have to say my JB gets played more in fact I have retired my ADB to it's case to keep in new condition.

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, nice story here. I kept looking at that used Lazarus and couldn’t pull the trigger. I saw another one pop up on the MF website for $50 less, and the top was a little nicer. It was not on the GC website, only the MF website. I pulled the trigger, figuring I had not much to lose. The bridge pickup was black, so I was curious to find out what was going on. It came today, and it is in really nice condition, the case also. Nice surprise, the guy put a Faber tune O-matic bridge and tail piece on it, and they even included the original stuff in the case. For whatever reason, he popped the cover off the bridge pickup, but it is the original part. Everything other than the upgraded tailpiece and bridge is all original and unmolested.
1630C816-58E7-4D8C-A812-0A7D6D28BDF5.jpeg

syco

Reaction score
OK, nice story here. I kept looking at that used Lazarus and couldn’t pull the trigger. I saw another one pop up on the MF website for $50 less, and the top was a little nicer. It was not on the GC website, only the MF website. I pulled the trigger, figuring I had not much to lose. The bridge pickup was black, so I was curious to find out what was going on. It came today, and it is in really nice condition, the case also. Nice surprise, the guy put a Faber tune O-matic bridge and tail piece on it, and they even included the original stuff in the case. For whatever reason, he popped the cover off the bridge pickup, but it is the original part. Everything other than the upgraded tailpiece and bridge is all original and unmolested.
View attachment 630082
Nice ! HNGD !

rbraad68

Reaction score
View attachment 630082

Oh yeah man very nice! Nice top too... Congrats!!

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah man very nice! Nice top too... Congrats!!
I don’t know if it’s just my skills or my equipment, but the top really does look better in person than it does in that photo. I’m going to try to snap a few more in different lighting, maybe from different angles. Weird that the previous owner popped the cover off the bridge humbucker. I wish he had done the other one too, or neither of them. The Faber hardware is worn nickel, so the shiny chrome on the neck pickup clashes with it pretty badly. I might get a pair of worn covers for both pickups.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s just my skills or my equipment, but the top really does look better in person than it does in that photo. I’m going to try to snap a few more in different lighting, maybe from different angles. Weird that the previous owner popped the cover off the bridge humbucker. I wish he had done the other one too, or neither of them. The Faber hardware is worn nickel, so the shiny chrome on the neck pickup clashes with it pretty badly. I might get a pair of worn covers for both pickups.

Yeah when I did my JB I ordered the aged nickel pieces for the guitar. First thing I noticed is that the cover on the pickups were going to clash with the aged nickel. Wasn't a big problem for me cause I had planned on swapping the pups out for the Gibson Slash ones i put in the guitar. I did a cover swap on my Tribute not to long ago for the very same reason wasn't too hard... Good luck man guitar loos great! Nice find man...

**Edit**

I like the way that thing looks with the covered neck and uncovered bridge. I have a worn cover for you if you just want to the neck pup?? Let me know man i will send it to you....

Last edited:

DrBGood

Reaction score
Best would be outside in natural light in the shade or not.

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way that thing looks with the covered neck and uncovered bridge.
I have a solution. I kept my eyes peeled, and stumbled upon a nice set of Wolfetone Marshallhead humbuckers with worn covers. They’re great pickups, and they’re going to look perfect.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I have a solution. I kept my eyes peeled, and stumbled upon a nice set of Wolfetone Marshallhead humbuckers with worn covers. They’re great pickups, and they’re going to look perfect.
OH yeah man good find!! That should make a deff for sure. Post pics :)

rbraad68

Reaction score
Did you get a good deal on the Wolftones? I have heard a lot of people using these pups ?? I have never gotten a chance to try a set of these custom wind pups. One of these days though I want to try a set . I guess for now it's Gibson and SD pups for me :) Guitar should sound really good man let us know how you like it. I am beyond impressed with my JB quicky became my favorite one I own.

rbraad68

Reaction score

Surfcaster

Reaction score
Not sure where I found this interview with Slash might have been posted here but anyways guys check it out. Very cool watch....

I really enjoy these Gibson Collections vids. I can watch them all day long. And Agnesi always has that kid in the candy shop look (as would I).

rbraad68

Reaction score
I really enjoy these Gibson Collections vids. I can watch them all day long. And Agnesi always has that kid in the candy shop look (as would I).

This one was deff cool. Never knew that Slash had a custom shop Custom made with a rose wood board ?? A lot of cool little tid bits of info about slash in this video....

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
Yeah definitely a cool vid. had that on in the background for the last few days. lots of nice shots close-up shots of his guitars. as a sales piece, they've really got me sold on his coffee table book.

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get a good deal on the Wolftones? I have heard a lot of people using these pups ?? I have never gotten a chance to try a set of these custom wind pups. One of these days though I want to try a set . I guess for now it's Gibson and SD pups for me :) Guitar should sound really good man let us know how you like it. I am beyond impressed with my JB quicky became my favorite one I own.
I got the pair for $160. That is a considerable discount over buying them new. I’ve had his stuff before, I think it ranks up there with the best in the business. You couldn’t get a new set of Seymours for that price these days.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I got the pair for $160. That is a considerable discount over buying them new. I’ve had his stuff before, I think it ranks up there with the best in the business. You couldn’t get a new set of Seymours for that price these days.
Did you see the Dimarzio 59s I'm putting in my southern fade? I can't wait to string it back up. Hopefully tonight.

fry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see the Dimarzio 59s I'm putting in my southern fade? I can't wait to string it back up. Hopefully tonight.
Oh yeah, really like the double cream. I think it’s a different shade than their usual stuff, a little more correct. The usual stuff has a weird pink tint to it. If they are not gonna let anybody else make them, it’s nice they finally got the shade right. Those fit your guitar nicely.

Latest Threads