looking for an Epiphone les paul special II

baldylocks

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking at an 'epiphone les paul special II '
I have emailed the seller requesting a pik of the back so i can check the serial number out but he's on holiday and will send it friday...
Anyhow, heres a couple of piks, can i please have an.opinion if this is an obvious fake? Thanks in advance, kev

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-05-10-21-06-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-05-10-21-06-22.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 27

swamprock

Reaction score
Hi guys im looking at an 'epiphone les paul special II '
I have emailed the seller requesting a pik of the back so i can check the serial number out but he's on holiday and will send it friday...
Anyhow, heres a couple of piks, can i please have an.opinion if this is an obvious fake? Thanks in advance, kev

I don't think you'll have to worry about a Special II being fake but... stranger things have happened. I'd be willing to put money on the line saying that it's most likely the real deal. They're a starter/economy guitar, and the chances are almost zero that the one you're interested in is a fake.

That all said, they're fun guitars, and a good jumping-off point for learning to play, modify, setup, and refinish...

baldylocks

Reaction score
Ok lol, i just looked an they are 130 quid new!! is it worth getting or am i better off getting something else? Im just about to start learning ( i like rock, metal, bluesgrass and everything in between )
Thank you, kev

swamprock

Reaction score
Ok lol, i just looked an they are 130 quid new!! is it worth getting or am i better off getting something else? Im just about to start learning ( i like rock, metal, bluesgrass and everything in between )
Thank you, kev

That's a topic for another thread. Go ahead and start a new topic in the Epiphone Les Pauls forum and all of your questions will be answered :welcome: :thumb:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
moved your posts to this new thread

:welcome:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I don't mean to be sarcastic, but why? Here in the USA, online retailers have been advertising these in the $100 to $140 price range, new. And I don't think you are a beginner, so why?

swamprock

Reaction score
I don't mean to be sarcastic, but why? Here in the USA, online retailers have been advertising these in the $100 to $140 price range, new. And I don't think you are a beginner, so why?

If I were to guess correctly, you were answering paruwi before he moved someone else's posts to this thread. Hit reload and you'll see what I mean :)

Dolebludger

Reaction score
swamprock,

Oh yes, this thread has changed. When I first saw the thread it had only the OP from paruwi which looked as if HE were looking for a Special II. Baldylocks is looking for one, and he is a beginner. All makes sense now. So I'll answer Baldylocks.

You don't say what the price is on the Special II you are looking at, or whether it is new or used. If new, it should not be over $150 USD: if used, half that or less. Needless to say, these are not expensive guitars. They have bolt-on necks which most Les Paul guitarists don't favor. While there are some players way past the beginner stage who like to play them, most players want to "trade up" from the Special II when they get some experience under their belt. If you are serious about learning to play (at least on some level) and want a Les Paul style guitar, I'd recommend one of the more "upmarket" Epis with a set neck.

Latest Threads