Looking for an Electric Thin or Solid Body Resonator or...........

NotScott

Reaction score
I have an older Dobro D-60 roundneck that I am being asked to use more and more of on our originals. It sounds great recorded but is impossible to get any stage volume in a live setting. I have tried micing it, using the contact pickups I installed and a combination of the two and it just vibrates and then feeds back like crazy as soon as the band cranks up.

My options are to find a thin or solid body resonator that will hopefully be more feedback resistant. I like this Dean model but I do not believe it is in production any longer and some of the reviews were lukewarm regarding the front pickup:

I also saw that there is a Telecaster resonator out there but I am not willing to sink over $2K into that.

The other option I am thinking of is to use one of these Fishman preamps with my Dobro:

I am hesitant about the Fishman since I have already tried EQing the Dobro through my Helix FX and my Kemper and the results were mixed at best.

Any other ideas? I am all ears. Thank you!

NotScott

Reaction score
Decided to go all-in and stop screwing around and just bought one of these:

It is a National Resolectric Revolver. It is basically a solid body National with a 2-pickup electronic scheme. Details and review when it arrives.

Latest Threads