Looking for a serial number guitar

jasonmcmike

Reaction score
I’m on a mission and could use some assistance. As some of you know I collect Gibson Les Pauls. I am currently on the hunt for a 2020, don’t care what color or what model but the serial number has to start 2153..... for those of you that don’t know Gibson went back to the old way when assigning serial numbers. If the serial number start 2153 that means it was built on June 1, 2020 which is the day my grandson was born. I REALLY want a Les a Paul that has a made day of June 1, 2020 to hand down to him some day. I have called all the major online vendors along with a few small shops and they all state there is no way to look up by serial number. Sweetwater list serial numbers but they don’t have anything in stock with that serial number. Yes I looked at every freaking one lol. So if any of my musician friends see a Gibson Les Paul with serial number that starts with 2153 please let me know.

offthedome

Reaction score
I’m on a mission and could use some assistance. As some of you know I collect Gibson Les Pauls. I am currently on the hunt for a 2020, don’t care what color or what model but the serial number has to start 2153..... for those of you that don’t know Gibson went back to the old way when assigning serial numbers. If the serial number start 2153 that means it was built on June 1, 2020 which is the day my grandson was born. I REALLY want a Les a Paul that has a made day of June 1, 2020 to hand down to him some day. I have called all the major online vendors along with a few small shops and they all state there is no way to look up by serial number. Sweetwater list serial numbers but they don’t have anything in stock with that serial number. Yes I looked at every freaking one lol. So if any of my musician friends see a Gibson Les Paul with serial number that starts with 2153 please let me know.
You win for Grandpa of the year! Good luck!

kakerlak

Reaction score
Now, if anybody comes across an 83500XXX or 80902XXX I can snag a birthdate guitar for my wife(1980) or me(1982).

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Good luck with your search. Birth year would be good enough for me.

kakerlak

Reaction score
Good luck with your search. Birth year would be good enough for me.
Already have an '82 SG I sold my wife when I was 15 that she still has. Honestly, birthyear for me and sentimental to us both is probably hard to beat, but it'd be fun to find that 83500/80902 someday.

Latest Threads