Looking for a new Fender Amp

Fillmore

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new small Fender low wattage amp for home use. Used for Blues and Rock mostly. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

LP1865

Reaction score

smk506

Reaction score
The ‘68 custom lineup is going to come out with a vibro champ with built in reverb and a 10” speaker if you want something that’s a bit more traditional with a few modern upgrades. Only thing is you have to wait for them to hit stores.

I’ve been on the fence about getting one of the deluxe or Princeton models, but I’m pretty sure I’ll end up snagging one of the champs and calling it a day instead.

chef

Reaction score
I have a pro Jr. with an inefficient speaker. Good at reasonable volumes, great blues-rock-marshall thing mores than a classic fender.

I wanted some classic fender, and my quest led me to a Quilter Toneblock 202 (solid state omg) which does the cleanish Fender thing very well when paired with an appropriate speaker. Very happy with that one for reggae/funk/blues/pedals/etc. and can manage any volume.

JMP

Reaction score
I think my Deluxe Reverb sounds good at very low (home) volume. Sure, there’s no tube breakup at super low volume, but pedals solve that. What I’m saying is don’t limit yourself to 1 watt or 5 watt amps.

RocketKing

Reaction score
I think my Deluxe Reverb sounds good at very low (home) volume. Sure, there’s no tube breakup at super low volume, but pedals solve that. What I’m saying is don’t limit yourself to 1 watt or 5 watt amps.
On tgp quite a few people swear by the twin reverb at low volumes as being better sounding than a princeton.
Just the excuse I need!

Reactions: JMP

xland

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority but I like the Bassbreaker series amps. The 15W and 7W (007) are great for blues and classic rock. Both have master volume and I've used both for home use.

TheWelder

Reaction score
I would argue Pro Jrs aren't really home use amps. They are damn loud for their size.

I used to gig a '94 tweed version. We were playing an outdoor venue and I was told to turn down by the sound guy as he didn't have my guitar in the mains. I looked at the amp and it was 4 on the volume dial. Anything 2.5 or below and it was basically off.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I traded off my only Fender amp two years ago, a used Blues Junior III. Now I think I'll try again, but a new Bassbreaker 007 combo. There's a tweed one available for 15% off.

JMP

Reaction score
It’s hard to go wrong with a Fender tube amp. There’s various models from the Hot Rod series on my local craigslist regularly. They’re cheap and solid performers.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Blues Jr, first fender amp that pops in my head for Fender home amp. It has a Master Volume, Volume, Bass, Mid, Treb and Reverb as well as a fat button. It has everything you need, sounds fantastic to boot and takes Pedals well.

PageSide84

Reaction score
Not sure if it has to be Fender or just Fender-like. My Toneking Gremlin is incredible at low volumes wish the Iron man attenuator built in.

Latest Threads