Looking for a cheap pedal platform amp

Rhust

Reaction score
I’m digging the quilter. It does what I asked for.. but after listening to that video again, I ordered the micro dark too...

guitfiddle

Reaction score
I’m digging the quilter. It does what I asked for.. but after listening to that video again, I ordered the micro dark too...
The first time you let it rip into that green back, you're gonna be amazed. I like to keep my shape control in the midrange side to the left of noon, with the gain around 6 and volume as loud as needed, which in the video was around 4. The sound guy was cracking up at the volume coming from that little box.

Last edited:

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Roland JC40. Best cheap amp for pedals. Can be played at low volumes at home and at mid volume for rehearsal and small gigs. Not heavy at all. Usable OD, great chorus and vibrato, usable reverb. All 3 are footswitchable.
Yamaha made excellent clones that sell for squat on the used market.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Laney Cub series of amps perhaps. An old Traynor would work well (I've already mentioned a YGM-3), but there is also the newer Traynor Dark Horse.

Rhust

Reaction score
The first time you let it rip into that green back, you're gonna be amazed. I like to keep my shape control in the midrange side to the left of noon, with the gain around 6 and volume as loud as needed, which in the video was around 4. The sound guy was cracking up at the volume coming from that little box.
1) the volume on this thing is stupid. if they told me it was 50 watts, I'd believe it. like wattage really means nothing anymore.

2) you nailed it. 11:00 for tone, 2:00 for gain and it's a killer sound! I think the tone is best between 10 and 2, outside of that is iffy, but that it plenty range

3) turning the gain down is a really nice clean tone, too. maybe not fender-y, but nice and completely usable...

I am surprised how good this thing is, for under $200... I had the tiny terror, and dozens of other amps for the house, and this thing is seriously good. and more versatile than I would have ever guessed. it's a rock machine!

redking

Reaction score
Seymour Duncan makes a pedalboard solid state amp and a bigger one as well. If you want a tube amp, what about the Fender Pro Jr.?

Latest Threads